AF: A new Pacifica! MANY upgrades! AWD! | Page 8 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new Pacifica! MANY upgrades! AWD!

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Feb 6, 2020.

1. pug-man

pug-man Well-Known Member

Remember the 2011 dodge ads.....leader of the human resistance?

2. 55Plaza

55Plaza Well-Known Member

3. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

I emailed the dealer today and told the sales manager that if he didn't call off the dogs I'd be gone. I've gotten calls from three different people there this week alone. It's like when you tell one of them that you're going to wait they hand it off to another salesman to see if maybe someone else can get you to bite. As it is I'll probably look to conduct the entire sales process via email rather than set foot in a dealership. The process of buying a vehicle is like a complete holdover from another era. You literally do not have to "sell" me this vehicle. I already probably know more about it due to my enthusiast level interest than the dealer's sales team. Just give me the person who can talk numbers.

oruandy, somber, Deckard_Cain and 6 others like this.
  4. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Well, now my coffeemaker and Keurig are offended......Guess I'll have to be wary of them.......:eek:

5. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

All the angry, disgruntled appliances should get together with the creepy surveillance robots which have invaded a local supermarket chain.

When I do grocery shopping at this chain...I get the weird feeling that it's following only me.:eek:
    Hey!...Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean it's not following me.:D

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFWAGCdKfw4

Morty, Zagnut27 and aldo90731 like this.
  6. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

When I shopped for my JL I stepped into a Jeep dealer only for the test drive. Otherwise, I did everything else via email and phone. The catch is, I had to test drive a dozen JLs in order to find one I liked.

7. Powdered Toast Man

Is it my imagination or does it look like they changed the centre console? It looks more integrated to the dash below the HVAC controls and into the cup holders - similar to an SUV or car interior.

8. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

I saw a video where they showed that they did just that. It is now just like a standard console, at least on the trim level that they were showing.

9. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

I understand there is a new center console option. It would get rid of seat mounted arm rests up front

UN4GTBL likes this.
  10. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

There's new consoles for the higher trims

UN4GTBL likes this.
  11. Powdered Toast Man

It is VERY reminiscent of the console design from the 200. Even has the lower cubby that's accessible from the sides.

While these new van consoles are nice, it WAS sometimes useful to be able to slide a long piece of cargo all the way up between the front seats.

voiceofstl, gforce2002 and UN4GTBL like this.
  12. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Well-Known Member

Agreed. We have the "Premium" center console in our Caravan, and its super convenient to be able to remove it when needed.

voiceofstl likes this.
  13. Mr. Fusion

Mr. Fusion Active Member

If they have TrueCar or the equivalent in your part of the world, then there is always that route. They get a minimum of three dealers to compete on an offer, and if you like one, then take the certificate to the dealer (or show them the email), and purchase the car at the offered price. When I used their service a few years ago, I dealt directly with the internet sales manager -- no need to work with salespeople from the floor, no haggling.

I was also impressed that the other dealers involved did not bother me again after that. I think the soft sell is one of the dealer requirements for using TrueCar referrals. (And even if they contact you again it's only email, they don't have your phone number.)

UN4GTBL likes this.
  14. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG] 2019 for comparison......

[​IMG]

15. desavona

desavona Active Member

I’m excited about this, seems like it’s coming at the perfect time for my wife’s next vehicle. She told me yesterday she wanted an SUV with AWD to replace her Pacifica, but this may sway her.

brewdad, UN4GTBL, jclick and 2 others like this.
  16. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Well-Known Member

Lets go back 10 years.

This was the best that Chrysler had to offer:

2009_chrysler_town___country_limited-pic-6383425449340766406-1600x1200.jpeg

How far we've come!!!

17. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Active Member

We have purchased my wifes last 3 vehicles this way (via emails). Sooooo much better. We get everything worked out at our pase. When its all worked out we walk in pay, or put the money down and drive out. Like you we usually know everything and have done our research. I know salespeople need customers but we usually make sure the original contact gets credited (if we have visited the dealer).

Powdered Toast Man likes this.
  18. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

Actually, I was replying to DaveZ about his search for a manual transmission car.

19. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

I do wish they kept the silhouettes of the previous generations in the mat. But I don't think that was likely with this new console.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  20. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

Is the standard console still like the 2019? I like my van to be for utility. I have often used the space between the seats fo longer items.