AF: ACR Challenger | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ACR Challenger

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Mr.Source, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Well we might have the return of the, ACR .
    This time in a Challenger.
    Weight reductions, more aero
    , and more capable at the track.
    How soon?
    Before the redesign shows.

Redesigns were again delayed.

Can't say more.

2. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

A car like this is long overdue. It is the missing piece in the Challenger lineup. They keep hinting at it with past concepts and entering TransAm racing.

3. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Well-Known Member

Do you know when the new cars may have been delayed until?

4. James A

James A Active Member

Mopar insiders article that I just read said 2023. It's mind-blowing that the 2015 model will go for 8 years with no refresh. I mean the things are having a good year but throw us a bone at least that isn't 50,60,70,80 thousand dollars. jeez.

HotCarNut, joewho, aldo90731 and 2 others like this.
  5. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Well-Known Member

That's frustrating to hear. While the current cars may be great cars they are getting far too long in the tooth. And people wonder why the two sides of this company fight over Us vs Them. I certainly hope Unifor can negotiate fresh product for Brampton.

HotCarNut, joewho and James A like this.
  6. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

you dont count the Hellcats and WB's as Refreshes?? Hellcats (2017) and WB's (2018) its really 6 & 5 years with a ACR lasting 1 or 2 years. who knows. the Standard Challenger could get the Mild Hybrid models as standard for 2021-2022

7. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Still waiting for a new Chrysler and Dodge vehicle that isn't just touch ups of old cars.

This doesn't interest me at all anymore unfortunately.

Where the heck am I going to go when I need to buy a new car? I'm not going to buy a car thats like 20 years old or have owned in the past.

CherokeeVision, Mr.Source and jclick like this.
  8. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Never understood why people don’t prefer evolutionary updates if there is a solid base over a complete redesign where you have to go through having all the bugs worked out yet again...

9. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Updates are fine when you also have new products coming out too. It's been almost a decade...

Evolutionary changes to good selling models is great. But the car needs to indeed be solid, which is something FCA still isn't able to accomplish. There's always issues and gremlins they don't seem to hammer out.

10. valiant67

valiant67 ...

If there were real updates, yes. But new colors, new wheel designs, and more mega-horsepower designs aren’t real updates to the base car. At least there were some interior upgrades for 2020.

11. valiant67

valiant67 ...

No, new high HP models aren’t upgrades. No changes to the lower level cars came from those. Given FCA’s reluctance to spend development and certification money on existing design, I can’t see them adding mild hybrid before the new cars.

James A and CherokeeVision like this.
  12. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Obviously a very different car, but 2020 Porsche 911s don't look much different from the original 1963 design.

JohnRogers, ScramFan and Doug D like this.
  13. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

See: Journey, Grand Caravan, 300.

14. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

FCA does it again.

[​IMG]

joewho, UN4GTBL, NWbyNW and 4 others like this.
  15. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

16. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
    Level 2 Supporter

Doubt it, 48v system is required which won't appear till next gen.

HotCarNut and sickboy like this.
  17. hmk123

Level III Supporter

I will add to my earlier comment that continued improvement should have been done to get these cars to a near perfect quality level.

Friend of mine looked at some Redeyes this weekend. One car’s one fender flare was not properly attached (glue issue?). Bigger problem was that the dealer had several of these sitting outside getting dirty to the extend that two had damaged stripes from not careful washing. And these are like $80k+ cars. Sad.

Back to subject, I wonder how much change will go into an ACR versus just leaving things out for weight savings...
    Will be interesting what they can achieve!

UN4GTBL and James A like this.
  18. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Yep i was gonna say, pretty sur ei read this on moparinsider yesterday way before this was posted. At least give where credit is due at this point instead of saying you can't give more info

Which is kinda crazy but they still seemed to have more drastic changes then the challenger has over the last decade

AlexB and ScramFan like this.
  19. badgerbeerman

badgerbeerman Active Member

I always wondered why not a challenger T/A in a widebody with a back seat delete isn't offered. At least be able to check off the boxes when trying to order one. seems like they don't play up the trans am side of things much esp since they win championships in there class.

I cant wait to see what they have up there sleeves on the ACR model. We can guarantee a large splitter on the front, wing in back, back and pass seat delete. Of course light weight but how besides the interior. Carbon fiber body pieces? Hood, Trunk, roof panel, maybe wheels? I wonder if the carbon fiber body pieces would have to meet crash standards? What engine? Hellcat or Redeye? I would love to see a manual trans also.

As for the delay? So far they are selling great. With the currant SUV,truck craze going on and people shying away from cars it doesn't surprise me. Sounds like they are playing it safe and seeing what the business climate brings.

Tony K likes this.
  20. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

You can easily remove the back seat for yourself if wanted, anyone buying a challenger for cornering wont be deterred by an option like that. As for carbon fiber that would add a huge price increase due to the material and going through crash test all over again.

Then for trans am dodge doesn't sponsor anymore from what i can tell from their website and the teams website. They really only sponsor nhra (mopar) and then the wesly motorsport time trial challenger that had the redeye engine before it was announced