AF: ACR Challenger | Page 7 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ACR Challenger

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Mr.Source, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Chase300

Chase300 Well-Known Member

Some of that you listed I believe is in the truck version 6.4L...not sure if its in the performance version but might be. You are right in I hear the same about FI on it. Pistons are the weak point and the dual runner intake also doesn't play nice with FI.
    It is a stout engine for its power output and intended use...but so is the 5.7L. That was my point. You want to make a lot more power with either and you are going to need forged internals and at that point might as well just go with the 6.2L Hellcat shortblock.
    5.7L also will have the oil cooler in certain applications.

Illegal Machine likes this.
  2. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Active Member

It was the fuel pumps that were junk on the N54. Hilariously bad.

The B58 in the Z4 makes 382hp (and appears underrated).

The X3 and X4 both have the S58 and make 470hp+. The Comp makes 500hp+.

Tony K likes this.
  3. Illegal Machine

Don't boost an N/A Hemi.

Period.

Not the 392, 6.1, 5.7. None of them.

If you want boost, buy a Hellcat.

stroudtom and Chase300 like this.
  4. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

That's the B58B30O1 version, from 2018- BMW B58 - Wikipedia (at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_B58 )

5. Illegal Machine

Chase300 likes this.
  6. Chase300

So if we look at BMW which has the latest I-6 turbo engines...what is the highest output on 87?
    Will give you an idea what to expect in FCA's upcoming engine.
    Clearly SRT versions on 91-93 octane will be pushing 500hp and maybe beyond.

But we all know, what you want in a street car is TQ..and lots of it downlow and through the midrange. That's what really matters...that and weight. Peak HP less so.

7. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

I think most, if not all, the turbo cars require a 91+ octane. With the exemption of Mazda.

Tony K likes this.
  8. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Recommend it but not required. The 2.0t for fca is recommend to get full power and mpg but you can use 87. It's the same way with vw 2.0t

9. Chase300

...and Kia, Hyundai, Honda...all tuned for 87 except high performance versions. Acura engines for example all are tuned for premium fuel...turbo or not.

10. Kevin Wesley

Kevin Wesley Member

I love the enthusiasm for these rumors this week. It's been really fun to watch and follow.

Just to start... I have no comment on any plans at FCA and Dodge. That's not my department, so don't ask.

Couple things...

1) Yes, we can replicate any of the parts on our cars and build anyone a duplicate. Building cars and selling parts have been low on our list of to-do items, but we will be making a big push into 2020 now that more of our parts are/are going to be available.

2) Other than safety items, all the parts on our cars can be done in your driveway/garage. There just isn't a bunch of fancy stuff needed to make these cars handle. SRT does a great job from the factory and you really only need to tweak it a bit. Setup is important and balance is key to making all the pieces work.

3) I think the Scat Pack we've been working on this year is the coolest project so far. Low cost of entry, easy on parts and just a blast to drive on track. The Redeye makes a ton of power and I love that too, but it's a lot harder on brakes due to the speed and weight. It is super reliable though, just costs a bit more to run every weekend between fuel and brake parts.

4) It's hard to compete with the current Mustang and Camaro with their refreshed platforms and low weight, so I've always used the last Z/28 has our benchmark. With the Scat Pack on our Bilstein package, stock pads and a real track tire with 19" wheels we are faster than the old Z at Gingerman by a decent amount. Can we get to the current platform times... not without some weight reduction and more power. We've had our Scat under 4k lbs and I think if we Demon'd it by removing the passenger seat and rear seat we could probably crack 3850. That's on the list for next spring and a few other updates.

5) None of our cars (at the moment) are anything I would consider a race car, other than safety items. All of them could easily be driven on the street with the interiors added back.

Thanks,

Kevin Wesley
    Wesley Motorsports

11. Illegal Machine

Kevin! Missed you at Lonestar Mopar Fest this year!! You need to try and get back here to Houston next year!

12. Kevin Wesley

Kevin Wesley Member

It would help if they would quit making it on my wife's birthday weekend!

13. KyleCoffey

KyleCoffey Well-Known Member

There are other ways of achieving dynamic damping than MR shocks. A lot of newer vehicles are using spool valves to achieve this. With a spool valve one controls damping rates by managing the flow of the working fluid by changing the size of the orifice through which it flows.

14. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Well, that's the GME T6.

15. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Thank You!

16. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Chase300 likes this.
  17. BigDaddySRT

BigDaddySRT Well-Known Member

Definitely run with SCCA/ NASA/ Time Attack Events... I don't think I will have the dough to become a full-time racer.
    With the price of Viper ACRs going up by the minute I need to start planning that purchase pretty quick.

Unlike my previous NEONs and 500 ABARTH, I don't think I'm going to be able to drive a Viper ACR on the street to events.
    It's been wonderful not having to have a tow vehicle or trailer and just carry all my "stuff" in the car with me to events.

I'd like my GC SRT392 to become the official tow vehicle when my Viper dream comes to fruition.

18. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

Exactly I love this platform hope it goes another 5 years at least they have it nailed down. Just minor refreshes still looks better and more unique than 90% of the compact suv eco turds rolling around.

hmk123 likes this.
  19. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

If there was a challenger in IMSA I would never not watch a race!!!! This would be just great news very exciting!

20. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

So strange I really like the interiors on challengers and chargers super nice but different strokes.

UN4GTBL likes this.