Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aftermarket performance enhancements.

Discussion in 'Performance' started by james.mooney., Jul 1, 2016.

1. james.mooney.

james.mooney. The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"

I am considering doing some performance enhancements on my 2015 2.4 Renegade 4WD. During the discussion of the 9-speed automatic in an another thread, @Mr. Fusion recommended that I check out Madness Autoworks.

So I looked at their AutoFlash ($499.99) and I looked at their GoPedal ($299.99). Also interesting is that Madness also offers a Power Pedal ($499.99) from FCA's own Magneti Marelli.

I am looking for some feedback from @Mr. Fusion and anyone else with knowledge of and experience with these types of devices. While I would love some more power (I miss the 2.4T from my PT GT!!), my primary goal is making the transmission more responsive.

So, what are the pros and cons of the linked devices? Where else should I be looking and what else should I be looking at? What will give me the most bang for my buck with the least risk of damaging my engine and/or voiding my warranty?

I'm less looking for explanations of how these things work and more looking for advice based on your knowledge and experience, but any and all feedback and discussion is welcomed!!!

Thanks!!

2. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

I doubt you will see much of a change in the transmission.

Mike

ImperialCrown likes this.
  3. Mr. Fusion

Level 2 Supporter

I only have personal experience with the GoPedal product for my 500L, but I actually found out about it from one of the Dodge Dart forums (500L shares a powertrain with the original Dart 1.4 DDCT). IMO the reviews are accurate, in my car the GoPedal results in a very noticeable boost in throttle response. You can adjust the settings from "normal" to "twitchy" to "adrenaline junkie" (my words, not theirs), with any variable in between. Think RedBull for your throttle.

The thing is, the Dart & 500L were known to have sluggish throttle response, so the change is noticeable. But does the Renegade suffer from the same issue? If so, then I imagine the GoPedal is equally worthwhile in that car.

I am curious about the PowerPedal. It looks to do the same thing as the GoPedal, but with fewer configurable settings (not necessarily a bad thing). Since it's from Magnetti Marelli, I wonder if it would be more warranty-friendly? (Note that I am not aware of the GoPedal causing warranty issues for anyone...I just turn mine off when I get the car serviced. Or, you could just physically remove it before taking the car in for any warranty work -- it's strictly hardware-based, no reflashing is involved, so it should be legitimately undetectable.)

I am really intrigued about the AutoFlash. If they have actually found a way to improve that transmission, then they deserve some sort of automotive Nobel prize. My one concern, as always, would be with the warranty. One would hope that FCA or the dealer would not be jerks about it. After watching one of the customer videos, I think it might be worth the risk...

james.mooney. likes this.
  4. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

5. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

I can't comment on the Renegade or the "Power Pedal" but it seems similar to an electronic shift kit I have in one of my vehicles. MM's seem to have a three setting adjustment and I'd bet it's "scaling" The percentage I have the throttle depressed affects the shift pressure of the transmission. I can set it from 0(no scaling) to 10 (Max scaling). If it works like mine, I can tell you it's worth every cent!

Mr. Fusion and james.mooney. like this.