Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alfa Romeo returns to Formula 1

Discussion in 'Fiat News & Rumors' started by T_690, Nov 29, 2017.

1. M.O.D.

M.O.D. Active Member

not a fan of the livery. I was hoping for that dark red we see in the tail end to don the entire car. As per the car, is that the 2014 Sauber with that tall nose?

quadamage76 likes this.
  2. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

To answer an earlier question: only works cars (i.e., constructed by Alfa) wear the Quadrifoglio badge.

3. pumadog

pumadog Active Member

So the Ferrari F1 are constructed by Alfa? :p

The presented livery is just a concept and design may change. The 2018 Alfa F1 will be a completely different car after all. Presentation in February? I hope for more red.

KrisW likes this.
  4. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

[qupte]So the Ferrari F1 are constructed by Alfa? [/quote]
    Oh well... there goes that bit of history.

For grand-prix racing, the four-leaf clover used to be the emblem of the Alfa Romeo factory racing team alone. When Enzo Ferrari started his own team, he raced in Alfa Romeo cars, but never adopted the cloverleaf paintwork, despite him being one of the "points" of the triangle (the original emblem was painted on a diamond-shaped background, but on the death of Ugo Sivocci, whose idea it had been to paint his car 'for luck', the remaining three drivers adopted the emblem but with one point removed to signify the loss of their team-mate).

ScramFan likes this.
  5. pumadog

pumadog Active Member

Well, I referred to the recent F1 cars with Q. Don't match your definition.

6. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

Sorry, no, I wasn't contradicting you. "There goes that bit of history..." was just my reaction to the use of the cloverleaf emblem on a non-Alfa F1 cars that you showed me.

To me it seems odd to use the Alfa Romeo racing team's emblem on another team's car... but I accept that very few viewers know or care that the cloverleaf was originally the Alfa Romeo racing team's badge, rather than the Alfa Romeo car company's. And the fact that there isn't even a current in-house Alfa Romeo racing team anyway just makes another mostly pointless thing to get concerned about... ;)

pumadog likes this.
  7. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

The red color of the Alfa Sauber, as is for Ferrari F1, will be one that looks good in TV.

Actual Ferrari F1 color is "more orange" than the one of production cars since in TV it looks more "red".

8. Schuckert

Schuckert Member

Ferrari: Rosso Corsa
    Alfa Romeo: Rosso Alfa

9. pumadog

pumadog Active Member

Judging from the photos of the presented concept: Not Rosso Alfa but Rosso Competizione (multi-coat metallic).