Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alfa Romeo Stelvio test drive

Discussion in 'Fiat News & Rumors' started by MJAB, Mar 14, 2017.

1. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

Test drive with snow, images of powertrain, suspensions, ... and engines torque / power graphs.

2. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

3. Prabhjot

Prabhjot Active Member

Comparatif vidéo - Alfa Romeo Stelvio vs Audi Q5 : domination en question (at http://www.caradisiac.com/comparatif-video-alfa-romeo-stelvio-vs-audi-q5-domination-en-question-113899.htm )

This, a major French automotive webmagazine, judges the Alfa Stelvio to be the superior d-'suv' over the Audi Q5. Aha, after the Giulia 'beating' bmw is almost all automedia comparo-s in all major countries, terrific going fca/Alfa!

Hmm, could the Stelvio be the outright european and global markets hit that say the Jaguar F-Pace has been? Better than it in Europe at least, likely/perhaps, just as the Giulia has fared so much better than the Jaguar XE there?

MJAB and tlc like this.
  4. Prabhjot

Prabhjot Active Member

btw, an update from Richard Palmer and Marchionne on the Stelvio's initial European sales (yesterday's analyst concall): 1000 delivered already, 10000 orders in-hand already.

They're claiming 230000 Alfa-s plus Maserati-s will be sold globally by fca this year (target.) And that this seemingly stretch target will be achieved as much through expanded distribution (esp in china and the usa, i suppose) as anything else.

tlc, Morty and AlfaCuda like this.
  5. Metco2.75

Metco2.75 Active Member

6. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

We have to respect copyrighted material from other web sites.
    Thank you for reposting.

7. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

You will forgive me if I don't care what Clarkson thinks... since he will say whatever gives him the highest ratings. Right now backing Alfa is the ratings-getter.

jimboy and valiant67 like this.
  8. romalerig

romalerig Well-Known Member

:confused:

9. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

What, you’re surprised? Or do you really think the Sebring convertible was the worst car ever made?

jimboy likes this.
  10. romalerig

Did I talk about the Sebring in my post ? No I did not

What were you trying to say ? Do you think it's unfair saying good things about the Stelvio ?

#11 romalerig, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  11. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

Clarkson previously described the Sebring convertible as the worst car ever made. Like a lot of his humour, it was a lazy categorisation that appeals to his readership, made worse by the fact that he does know better.

Clarkson is a decent comic writer, and is really, really good at recognising stereotypes, often before anyone else has put them into words. While it's just as possible that he's catching the general mood that has Alfa as the plucky David against the German Goliath, rather than actually liking the Stelvio, his previous writings and TV work suggests that he genuinely does like Alfa Romeos, and that this is a good one.

Prabhjot, AlfaCuda and Morty like this.
  12. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Precisely. I am saying the source is about as unbiased and reliable as [pick your most hated partisan media here].

Or, to put it another way, I trust Clarkson to give an unbiased, realistic review based on his own beliefs, about as much as I trust Consumer Reports to judge a Jeep Wrangler as they would a Honda Accord — and to keep in mind that it’s a purpose built off-road machine and not a family sedan.

When you look at a review, you have to consider the credibility of the source. When someone tells you what they think of the President’s latest speech, if it’s Sean Spicer or Steven Colbert, you’re likely to stop and think, “Maybe they have a slight bias here and I shouldn’t take them too seriously.” Ditto car reviews/reviewers.

jimboy, wtxiceman, Chase300 and 2 others like this.
  13. romalerig

14. Prabhjot

Prabhjot Active Member

Lampredi likes this.
  15. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

UnivisionAutos - U.S.A. Stelvio test (in spanish)

16. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

Prabhjot likes this.
  17. hemirunner426

Level 2 Supporter

18. romalerig

July 2017 EuroNCAP:

595d421ece4a7_EuroNCAPLUGLIO2017.png.f870074af585117496ee245e3662e15f.png