AF: All the 2021 changes including the reason why there’s no 300C | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All the 2021 changes including the reason why there’s no 300C

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Clark, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Clark

Clark Active Member

Every Dodge, Jeep, Ram, and Chrysler Change for 2021 (at https://www.autobison.com/2020/09/every-dodge-jeep-ram-and-chrysler-change-for-2021/ )

Why there is no 300C: Because only the 300S gets the Hemi option, which I would say is being cheap for no good reason.

There is some really good stuff in there including far more Rear Cross Path as standard equipment in the Jeep line. When I look at the Durango changes I can see why people think it will keep going for a few more years, they really put a lot of money into it. You don't change the instrument cluster if you are going to drop it after a year.

2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

For the longest time, 300S was the only trim offering V6 or Hemi (before there was a V6 300C).

hmk123 likes this.
  3. hmk123

Level III Supporter

I am sure they could have given the 300 a new life with another front and rear refresh, Durango like updated instrument panel and a 392 option as well as some marketing dollars... Use the tag line: the finer things in life mature well over time...

4. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Oh crap! Voyager gets "The SafetyTec group, which is optional, gets the Pacifica’s updated camera-and-radar setup, pedestrian automatic emergency braking, and full-speed forward collision warning with braking" Does that mean it can be had with adaptive cruise? That might have just put us in the market for that over the Pacifica. Still potentially looking at a used Limited Pacifica though.

5. Jason E

Jason E Active Member

Its honestly painful to watch my beloved 300 wither away. I absolutely love my 13 C Varvatos.

Looks like it will be getting replaced with a CT5 when its time...assuming Cadillac still makes sedans by then. This is getting depressing...I don't want a crossover, and I haven't owned anything but FCA and GM.

6. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Doesn't look like it.

FCA US Media - 2021 Chrysler Voyager Fact Sheet (at https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=22001&mid=1104 )

Look at the feature availability sheet: "SafetyTec Group — includes Blind-spot Monitoring, ParkSense rear park assist, Rear Cross Path detection and Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus with Pedestrian Automatic Emergency Braking"

I guess they are holding adaptive cruise for the Pacifica only.

7. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Hyundai and Kia keep introducing sedans like there’s no tomorrow.

But you better hurry, sedan sales were in free fall last month.

Jason E, jerseyjoe, page2171 and 2 others like this.
  8. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I do think there will be a swing away from CUVs and SUVs back to sedans over time. The sedan market may never be as large as it was but some people will prefer "car" over "car like" functionality.
    I'd love a car and keep looking at used Challengers and 300's. But then I think they really aren't that useable in their combination of passenger and trunk configurations (especially compared to sedans of the past). Maybe a real creampuff of a Magnum if one popped up, but even then rear cargo capacity isn't that great.

9. aldo90731

I think the market is splitting up into coupes and CUV/SUV/Pickups. If you want something sporty, you will look at coupes; if you need 4-doors, there’s a sea of CUVs, SUVs and pickups out there. Sedans are going to keep getting squeezed in the middle.

page2171 and DC-93 like this.
  10. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

I kinda liked the Hyundai sporty car, but the shifter was way too firm for my tastes, the styling was a bit over the top, the two-door thing makes it hard to put on the seat belt, and two stars for safety? That's akin to the 1995 Neon.

That said... I haven't definitively ruled it out, either, and I think they make a sedan with similar powertrain. Their regular cars like the Sonata were very, very nice when I last drove them. Comfortable. If I was an automatic driver I'd have to look at them. So far I've just been keeping the Dart going... and might end up consolidating on just one car (the 2013 300C with MaxCare).

saltydog and aldo90731 like this.
  11. aldo90731

Here in N.A., the coupe segment (Mustang, Challenger, Camaro) is showing greater resilience than sedans.

HotCarNut, tabutler and hmk123 like this.
  12. Cajun300C

Cajun300C Well-Known Member

I have a 2019 Kia Optima SX Turbo. I can say it's been a very good car for me so far. It has plenty of pickup for me and it has all the bells and whistles that I could ever need. Plus the ten year/100k warranty isn't bad either. I also get oil changes for the life of the vehicle but that's thru the dealership I believe.

gforce2002 likes this.
  13. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

I'm actually curious about the Jeepster. Lol

tabutler likes this.
  14. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Around here the sedan is a grocery getter and the SUV is for long trips. Living by the Jersey Shore you need an SUV for self defense for seeing around Suburbans and Pickups also keeping headlights out of your face and rear view, led headlights blind me. Thought the headlight thing was a law once was an inspection for intensity but laws have gone by the wayside.