Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allpar.com Motorsports News Section Poll:

Discussion in 'Motorsports / Racing News' started by moparbob, May 12, 2015.

?

Of the current series (2015) MOPAR teams participate in , which race series, do you follow the most?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2015.
  1. NHRA Mello Yello Series - Funny Car (Dodge Charger)

35.3%
  2. NHRA Mello Yello Series - Pro Stock (Dodge Dart/Avenger)

47.1%
  3. Tudor IMSA Sports Car Series - Dodge Viper GTD class

38.2%
  4. NASCAR Canadian Tire Series

11.8%
  5. Pirelli World Challenge Series - GT-A class

8.8%
  6. SCCA Trans AM Series TA 2 class (Dodge Challenger)

44.1%
  7. SCCA Trans AM Series TA 3 International class (Dodge Viper)

11.8%
  8. Upcoming Race at LeMans - (Dodge Viper)

35.3%
  9. Don't follow these series or teams PERIOD! Not a motorsports fan period or of the above listed.

11.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. moparbob

moparbob Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
    Level 2 Supporter

This poll is unscientific & will be used for popularity purposes so we know who visits & reads our news here in the Motorsports News section on Allpar.com. This will also help us determine what current MOPAR racing news you would like to see here.

If you wish to leave a reply you may, but no negative postings about FCA, NASCAR or other race series will be allowed! (Moderators are closely watching this thread!)

If your a guest visiting our forums & NOT a member, please take the time to create a FREE account for yourself as we encourage only Allpar.com members to view our Motorsports News. (for sensitivity purposes)

#1 moparbob, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
  2. moparbob

Level 2 Supporter

Don't just look at the poll & leave folks - GET INVOLVED & VOTE!!

3. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

I did.......................don't yell so LOUD!:p

4. moparbob

Level 2 Supporter

I got to when I only have guests in this section looking instead of becoming a member or getting involved!

I miss our hard core motorsports fans here.

5. moparbob

Level 2 Supporter

Where is our fans for the Viper??? Get in & Vote!

6. Mopar Jerry

Level III Supporter

Good morning I did ,I am sure more will & I hope lots get to follow the NASCAR Canadian Tire race should be a good one. MOPAR Always!

7. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Trans Am rules the roost. Trans Am is (so far) well managed since they turned management (essentially) over to the teams. Because of "stable" rules, there are more and more people committing to it, and each race has had more entries than the last. If trends, continue, they may have to have a separate race for TA, TA2, and TA3. Talk about a bargain for the spectators at the tracks? Three races for the money.

8. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

9. moparbob

Level 2 Supporter

10. moparbob

Level 2 Supporter

Where are the true hard core MOPAR race fans here????

We need your votes, membership & patronage here on allpar.com.

11. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

GasAxe likes this.
  12. dana44

Ad-Free Member

If there are race results and pictures I will read the articles. The more information and articles submitted the better. Not too many of these races, other than the drag/pro stock races are shown on TV, so I just don't go out of my way to track down results, just that simple.

13. moparbob

Level 2 Supporter

Not trying to influence the vote, just trying to educate fans that we do have teams in PWC, Just surprised no one noticed?

14. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

32 hardy souls made the journey....;)

Remember, the wording of polls is very critical and the question asked is
    "which race series, do you follow the most?"
    So we all may be very aware of PWC and simply watch other forms more.
    I'd go as far to say that remove the qualifier, of series that Mopar Teams participate and you still might see NASCAR Cup Racing pull in several votes.

15. moparbob

Level 2 Supporter

That's the reason I put the qualifier in Norm, because I already know how many U.S. NASCAR fans there are here plus it discourages another bashing thread from being opened up.

I wanted to see if we have more members that have tried to follow the series MOPAR currently participates in. (Hence why I worded the question the way I did)

What is really upsetting is we have more guests without an Allpar membership viewing here than actual members! Though I do appreciate all fans that view us here, people should do their part, get involved & not just suck us for sensitive information. Get a free account to show your a true MOPAR race & not someone using information against our teams. (This has got to change since we are responsible for sensitive information that is shared, can't give away any team "secrets" to the best of our ability.)

16. moparbob

Level 2 Supporter

Just something of interest I'm seeing in the early going, noticing that we have more race fans who follow the teams who race the Challenger/Dart than we have for the Charger & Viper especially when the Viper is more visible across three different racing series?

Am I seeing a trend here or are we just missing Viper race fans who have not voted?

Also happy to see the un-followers choice at a low total so far.

17. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

If you don't like how you poll is going, don't whine and complain about it. Take the results for what they are and move on. I visit the motorsports section from time to time but don't post often because inevitably there is a post berating people for not being fans of the remaining motorsports Dodge is involved with. IT'S NOT OUR FAULT FCA CHOSE TO SUPPORT RACING THAT ONLY HAS A FRACTION OF THE MAJOR SERIES FANBASE! You want people to post more? Let 'em piss and moan about not being in NASCAR. You'll get more posts and page clicks then you ever dreamed of to drive up ad revenue. Otherwise, have fun with the handful of people that enjoy what's left of Dodge racing and quit acting like those who aren't rabid fans of these small racing series are beneath contempt.

Since Dodge is only allowed play in the minor leagues and it's left to the privateers to attempt to run in the majors, the only racing series I will attempt to follow is Ferrari in F1. But it ain't a choice in the poll so too bad, so sad.

18. pentastarpunk

pentastarpunk Active Member

Post of the year. Thank you for speaking the truth and posting what the silent majority here is thinking and feeling. :cool:

MoparNorm likes this.
  19. moparbob

Level 2 Supporter

1) I'm not complaining, the poll is an observation, which is going to allow us to gear this section to more relevant MOPAR motorsports news you want to see more of.
    2) I do value ALL input here. I want fans here to voice their thoughts, not just look & walk away. My apologies if members here feel intimidated, that is not what my intentions are. My intentions are to get EVERY race fan here to follow every series MOPAR participates in & factory backs along with their teams no matter what series it is!
    (I don't believe in supporting teams that run just to be in the race to finish 20th or worse, Start & Park teams etc - it isn't news worthy!!)
    3) We already have a thread to let members "piss & moan" about NASCAR in the U.S as you so eloquently put it.
    4) This is a news section, rumors & personal rants are not news! (We have a separate section for this also)
    5) There is more racing out there than just NASCAR!
    6) NHRA Mello Yello Series isn't "minor league" again, as you so eloquently put it in CAPS!
    7) We do have MOPAR in NASCAR in Canada! (I already have paved the way for fans here to watch it)
    If we can't have NASCAR here in the U.S. I gave members the next best options.
    8) SCCA Trans Am Series has started to catch on with real Dodge Challengers winning while running with REAL Hemi engines. Why won't you follow??
    9) I want the NASCAR crowd here to actually try & support something else that MOPAR offers as well.
    10) Follow the Vipers! You will find out how good road racing really is!
    11) It can't be helped that these smaller series have tape delayed broadcasts, TV costs $$$ to be shown LIVE.
    I try to offset this by providing you with Spoiler Alerts so you can see the action LIVE so it's news to you.
    12) We did follow F1, but with the Ferrari spin off, they are no longer a part of FCA so therefore no longer of interest to Allpar.

Is there anything else I didn't cover?

20. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Regarding item 2.
    There has been more than a few posters berated for their NASCAR orientated posts. Posts have been removed, posts have been closed, threads have been locked.
    Now, that said, posters need to stay on topic, or start their own thread and always be relevant and respectful.

If you are a fan of the Start and Park car and it's a Mopar, I think it's disrespectful to not cover it and berate it, after all 2% of NASCAR fans watching a start and park, are still more fans than 100% of the sports cars fans...and that is a fact which Marchionne stupidly overlooked in his distaste for us Redneck Americans who used to buy his products but are feeling more an more disrespected and used.

Item 5, I am a fan of many forms of racing, but ignoring NASCAR is just plain silly.

UKSteve, burtstwins and GasAxe like this.