AF: AN: 2015 Challenger spy shots | Page 42 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AN: 2015 Challenger spy shots

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Allpar News System, Feb 14, 2014.

1. e1999eternal

e1999eternal Active Member

The build-your-car feature Chrysler has is really pathetic. Most people are probably using that tool just wanting to leave excited about the options, the colors, the interiors, the wheels available to them...the Chrysler configuration tool leaves people with a bad taste in their mouth about the brand. It comes off as cheap and rushed.

Aston Martin has a really cool build-your-car tool. Granted, they also have a lot more customization options, but it puts the car on the center stage and updates things in real time. This would go a long way for Chrysler.

[​IMG]

dfarc, UN4GTBL, Whiter and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Back to the web sites?

Gotta agree, the Mopar site is pretty bad... the rest of them aren't top notch.

Healthcare.gov is actually very attractive and responsive, or at least it was last time I was on it. I won't get into what happens to the data once it's collected, though. Having dealt with insurance companies as much as I have, ... I don't know who gets the blame. (I'm still getting bills for a plan the insurance company said I can't have and when I call they always say "You shouldn't be getting bills." Duh. Oh, and the bills are for a $3300/month plan. Ha ha.) Now, both my new and old insurance companies... they have web sites that make Chrysler's look like absolute perfection. Believe me, any glitches you guys have on the forums, that's nothin' to the nonsense they have going on, and I'm not even gonna bring up Horizon's “change your password every freakin’ time you log in” thing. For a long time, like until last year, they required Internet Explorer... 6. (For the admin site.)

Anyway, Chrysler's original sites were done by Ross Roy, a venerable agency going back to the 1930s or perhaps earlier. They were responsible for most of Chrysler's dealer communications through their golden ages. I don't know who does them now.

3. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

sooooo....

websites still?

I assume that means there is nothing of note about the new Chally?

Jerry Simcik likes this.
  4. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

5. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Little bit less than 3 weeks now, right? Isn't the last major mystery left on whether they made substantial suspension changes? Not talking about the Hellcat.

6. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

LMAO

I had forgotten about suspension. Is there any chance that some work (al la Maserati) has been done on the front suspension? An even better handling Challenger would be very cool.

7. Jerry Simcik

Jerry Simcik Well-Known Member

I thought they were going from Daimler-derived front and rear SLA to Alfa-derived MS front/SLA rear?

8. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Ahh, new company is using 30's technology, that explains it!

UN4GTBL likes this.
  9. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

1930s web technology?

They are not going to make major changes to suspension technology in this generation.

10. Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne Active Member

They will do something in the rear suspension to fix the wheel hop issue for the Hellcat, I would think the update might be on all models. My 2010 6 speed R/T hops like crazy once it starts hopping.

11. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

If any of you watched the Autoline After Hours episode this week, there was a lot of brief talk about the HELLCAT. Ralph pretty much did everything but officially announce it. Said it will be more powerful than the Viper. Stated they are trying to get licensing on the HELLCAT from a motorcycle company. They even talked about shoving the motor into a Viper, but it wouldn't fit in the chassis. He also laughed at the "cult" following of the name already.

12. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Sorry, but didnt hear when did he said the Hellcat was going to be more powerful than the Viper......

13. BigDaddySRT

BigDaddySRT Well-Known Member

When did SRT produce an "SRT-4 PT Cruiser" or even an "SRT PT Cruiser" for that matter?

14. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

They never made one for sale.....I believe that Mr.Source actually owns one.

15. Mike V.

They did not, the GT Cruiser was close, it had the SRT-4 turbo engine with the same HP as the 2003 SRT-4. But it was not an actual SRT vehicle.

They even had stage 1 and IIRC Stage 2 upgrade kits for it. They also had a lower HP 2.4 Turbo PT Cruiser.

Mike

16. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

Stage 1 was the only official kit for the GT cruiser. People did use stage 2/3 kits on them though.

17. Mike V.

I could have sworn there was a PN for a Stage 2 kit specifically for the GT briefly. I know there was never an official stage 3 kit for the GT

I'll dig thru my old stuff

EDIT: ok I found the actual part number, but as usual with Mopar, it was pretty much a bust. It was in back order and then the part number was pulled.

Mike

18. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

A couple were made, Daimler after all the tests were done, said no to the product.

19. PCRMike

PCRMike Well-Known Member

They did offer the "high output" turbo version on the PT though. I rented one and it was a hoot.

20. Mike V.

Yeah, it was the GT, used the same engine as the SRT-4

Mike
    Wouldn't it just be a GT Cruiser? The GT had the same engine as the SRT-4.

Got pics of your car?

Mike