AF: AN: 2015 Chrysler 300 officially revealed | Page 31 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AN: 2015 Chrysler 300 officially revealed

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

Grazie mille!

2. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

HILARIOUS! Will they drop the Platinum interior in one for Aldo and I?!?!?! :p

Mike V. likes this.
  3. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Anything to make y'all happy ;)

Mike

HotCarNut likes this.
  4. Jerry Simcik

Jerry Simcik Well-Known Member

Man, fat fingers today, and not enough proof-reading:

*across from
    *Cadillac
    *higher-end

HotCarNut likes this.
  5. HotCarNut

Level III Supporter

We got what you meant! :p

Jerry Simcik likes this.
  6. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

I shopped a while back at a Chevrolet dealer looking at an Impala. Even if you select all options, bringing the car to the $40,000 level, the salesman informed me there are still techno options not available. For those, you have to go to the Lacrosse for about $45000. Contrast that with the Chrysler situation where I can get a Charger with all the techno options for $7000 less than the 300. Just sayin.

7. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

NYIAS? Or NAIAS? :)

8. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Nope, not my opinion. My interpretation of the data I see.

9. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

Again.....The man who wants a 300c Platinum(like myself) isnt looking for the sporty flashiness of the Charger.....they are two diffrent customers...... yes some may cross shop but very few in reality.

Now a 300s buyer might consider a Charger.....

wtxiceman and HotCarNut like this.
  10. aldo90731

Yes. I was going to articulate differently before I got sucked into a 2 hr meeting.

In essence, I want a 300 that embodies the best Chrysler, and by extension an American automautomaker can accomplish.

I don't want a German luxury sedan copycat. Instead, I want an American interpretation of luxury that is true to itself, and that makes people elsewhere want a piece of it.

America is defined by size, power, and brashness, and I want the top Chrysler sedan to interpret these values to the world, instead of letting the Germans define luxury for everyone.

American luxury is more approachable with a warmer interior, a more comfortable ride and an attainable price tag.

American cars, to Bob's point, have been simpler to work on and durable, easier to maintain and to own than the mindbogglingly overengineered German car.

Americans value straightforward, honest practicality over engineering complexity for the sake of complexity.

Americans value size and power over finesse and nuance.

With Cadillac following the Germans, Chrysler has the opportunity to define American luxury, not just to Americans, but to the world.

From Jeep to Levi's to Apple, the work is hungry for American brands. But they will only embrace an American carcarmaker that embraces its history, its heritage, and gives it to them in an well thoughtout product, unashamed to be who it is.

Does it sound too ambitious? Hell yes, it is. Mercedes is claiming The Best or Nothing and we are letting them.

Do we think America is not up to the task? I think it is. It may not be achieved with this iteration of product, but unless we set a clear vision for the Chrysler brand, it will remain in the perpetual identity crisis it's been until it disappears. And 300 is the place to start.

11. oh2o

Level III Supporter

I'm thinking possibly NAIAS....

UN4GTBL and Tomguy like this.
  12. Jerry Simcik

And yet you're not happy with the 5.7L because???

13. HotCarNut

Level III Supporter

Power was the reason for me wanting the 6.4L. The 5.7L was adequate, but there were a lot of times I wished for more. I drove a 2015 Challenger Scat-Pack with the 6.4L 8-speed combo and fell in love. Power absolutely everywhere in the band and at all speeds. Some of that may be the transmission being in the proper "gear" more often and with quicker downshifts, but most of it was the engine.

That being said, Bob's twin-turbo 3.0L diesel idea has a TON of merit and would have the extra oomph I wanted.....

wtxiceman likes this.
  14. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

FCA does not eliminate competition between brands, if they did, the Ghibli would cut out Charger SRT8.

And that is an interesting statement. I wonder what we will see at NAIAS?

15. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

I wonder how much of that could be resolved by making the eight speed MUCH faster shifting and more responsive. I noticed downshifts in my own eight speed car are much slower than they should be. This was not the case in the Hemi Charger I drove but a sport mode that allows downshifts in 250 ms and is downright touchy about it might bring 5.7 much closer in feel to 6.4.

16. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

I priced a 2014 Chrysler 300C RWD with whatever techno gadgets I like against a similarly equipped Charger SXT Plus and came out with a sticker difference of $1500. So in one year the difference goes from $1500 to $7000 and you folks do not see a problem. OK then you do not. I do.

17. Jerry Simcik

Are you sure you're not crossing a V8 with a V6?

18. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

NAIAS sounds like it will be chock full of FCA goodness... specifically the "C" part of that.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  19. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

Torque difference between the 5.7 and the 6.4 is going to be the biggest differentiator in feel. The 5.7 is no slouch, but the extra torque that the 6.4 brings to the table, and the breadth of the torque curve, makes that combo feel so much more responsive. The trans doesnt need to shift as often for it to pull hard.

20. Jerry Simcik

See the 3rd and 4th bullet points:

https://www.google.com/search?q=opi...1.1087j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8