AF: AN: Baby Jeep Rendering - Renegade? Engines? Date? More... | Page 19 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AN: Baby Jeep Rendering - Renegade? Engines? Date? More...

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Feb 7, 2014.

1. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

It's not really THAT far off. All they need to do is change the front and rear.

2. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

KL's rear end is the problem IMO. Everything else is fine. The front? It's styled fine, it's just that some don't like the style. The rear is plain and really terrible, especially in person. They really forgot something from the drawings I think.

3. marlon_jbt

Either move the license plate to the liftgate OR put a spare back there. Problem solved. Number two is likely not happening, so yeah just move the plate.

4. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

5. longlivechrysler

longlivechrysler The Negative Optimist

Not a fan of the over-sized, Disney character eyes, headlamps. Otherwise, I'm proud of Jeep.

Showed it to my girlfriend (who I just convinced to get a Cherokee, btw). She thinks it looks like a minion from Despicable Me (especially if yellow)...

6. md80891

md80891 Active Member

Not a regular but they sell a ton of Jeeps here in Utah. New Cherokee is a smash in my opinion and nothing needs to be done. This one looks Elementary which may not be a bad thing. Renegade was pretty popular out here but it has been awhile and maybe nobody remembers.

Hopefully this is a hit as well.

Book Clifs, Jericho, Ogden

http://www.google.com/imgres?start=98&sa=X&espv=210&es_sm=122&biw=1407&bih=668&tbm=isch&tbnid=lPzqCnfHte-93M%3A&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Ftruckyeah.jalopnik.com%2Ftough-dakar-start-for-robby-gordon-1495481350&docid=FrruPUu837htgM&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.gawkerassets.com%2Fimg%2F19bpnw5x46o0wjpg%2Fku-xlarge.jpg&w=640&h=360&ei=mh4UU8S7A6G2yAHLnYDYAQ&zoom=1&ved=0CDAQhBwwDThk&iact=rc&dur=1310&page=6&ndsp=20

7. Steveo

Steveo Active Member

I'll seriously be looking into this when they go on sale, looks great, and for a 25 year old, single guy, looks to be perfect for me. Lot's of 'camp out' music festivals in the summer, and brutal Michigan winters. Sign me up.

redriderbob likes this.
  8. Jackratchett

Level III Supporter

Looks pretty good! Still have to see it in person but at least it looks like a Jeep. Can see some styling cues there that will probably be used on other upcoming Jeeps. Hopefully not the Wrangler though.

9. leo gali

leo gali Well-Known Member

More news for you:

All-new 2015 Jeep Renegade offers advanced safety features, including:

Forward Collision Warning-Plus deploys brakes to alert the driver about impact risk, and assist with driver response

LaneSense Departure Warning-Plus leverages electronic power steering (EPS) to deliver a torque-input to alert and assist the driver with corrective action

Up to seven standard air bags, including seat-mounted side pelvic-thorax air bags and full-length side-curtain air bags

9-1-1 Assist Call featuring mirror-mounted buttons for emergency services, roadside assistance, Uconnect Customer Care and non-collision related emergencies (in selected markets)

Safety and security were at the forefront in the development of the all-new 2015 JeepĀ® Renegade. With up to 70 available safety and security features, including the availability of Forward Collision Warning-Plus and LaneSense Departure Warning-Plus.

In addition, engineers added both active and passive safety and security features, including Blind- spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Path detection, ParkView rear backup camera with dynamic grid lines,
    electronic stability control (ESC) with electronic roll mitigation and seven standard air bags.

and click here for more on this link

10. md80891

md80891 Active Member

Element meets Hummer and they had a baby.

11. leo gali

leo gali Well-Known Member

12. sonico

sonico Active Member

Awesome!!!

I'm new here, but actually have been reading on and ond since few months ago.

I'm 25 and own a Jeep Liberty KK. I have been looking to upgrade my ride since my warranty is up in a year. I do love my Jeep and I'm very passionate with it, specially on winter time(snow is awesome)

the current KL just dont cut it for me. Besides the grill... That's not a jeep... This is.

any words for the next compatriot? When is it coming out?

I love this little thing... But if the compatriot packs more power and off road capabilities.. (the more closer to wrangler the better) I'm confused.

I don't go for wrangler because I'm honest, I'm not an off road nuts. Here in long island we dont have any trails, and little to do with jeeps, unless we go upstate. I do go to the beach, and on winter I'm a happy guy cutting through the snow everywhere.

should I wait?

13. RVC

RVC Active Member

Personally I think the side view is the most unflattering in photo. Too much plastic around the wheel arches and the result is that it looks on stilts, very tall. That's the price you pay for great interior volume and, above all, the impression of great interior space. It's the same trick another car of the group uses....what was it again?...hummmm ah yeah, the 500L ;)

Very premium-y interior.

14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

[​IMG]

Trailhawk and Latitude models.

15. sebring96hbg

sebring96hbg Well-Known Member

It looks great from every angle. The front and side do give off a Scout vibe. A two door big brother following these cues would definitely channel the long gone Scout.

This should sell well. Good job Jeep on the looks.

16. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Too early to tell. Wait until you see it in person. This will be a SMALL jeep. Don't make plans until you know if it will fill your needs. Once you figure that out, why wait? Get what fills your needs not what the pundits say.

17. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

18. marlon_jbt

19. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy