AF: AN: Baby Jeep Rendering - Renegade? Engines? Date? More... | Page 51 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AN: Baby Jeep Rendering - Renegade? Engines? Date? More...

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Feb 7, 2014.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

[​IMG]

I had 31x10.50-15 BFG T/A KOs on my Durango with out a lift... biggest I could put on without rubbing when I turned... so damn those are some big tires.

2. Jeepnut

Level III Supporter

Nice KLR!

redriderbob likes this.
  3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

[​IMG]

Thanks Jeepnut! ;)

Jeepnut likes this.
  4. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

OK, nice bikes, now back on topic!!!

redriderbob likes this.
  5. Jeepnut

Level III Supporter

Been thinking about getting an ADV bike myself. I've been looking at the new Triumph Tiger 800 its got the lowest seat height (I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam)

6. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Stop it! :lol:
    Go to the "Bike Section". ;)

Jeepnut likes this.
  7. Jeepnut

Level III Supporter

Dang motorcyclists are always hijacking Jeep threads :lol:

GasAxe, UN4GTBL and suzq044 like this.
  8. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Here let's get back on track...

[​IMG]

Thinking back, gosh that rack was a rattle trap.

Mike

UN4GTBL and MoparNorm like this.
  9. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Part of me thinks the bad NVH rap given to Jeep is because of all the junk we hang off of them... ;)

UN4GTBL likes this.
  10. Mike V.

Probably true!!! But let me tell ya, the leather seats, fantastic stereo, and climate control was sooo nice. :lol:

Mike

11. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

The new seats are great! Full leather and heated, just wish they were 8 way power seats...see it's that slippery slope... ;)

UN4GTBL likes this.
  12. Mike V.

Good times! Good times!

Mike

13. humdrum

humdrum Well-Known Member

Do the math. On a $2,000,000,000 (billion) investment on the development of the KL, and using a average selling price of say $28,000.00 per KL, they would need to sell: 2,000,000,000/28,000 = 71,429 vehicles. At the rate they (KL) are selling they could sell that amount in 7 or 8 months at the rate of 10,000/month now . So the cost of investment in the production of the KL is easily justified and has a good business case. They can recoup it easily in one year. This decision actually makes a lot of sense.

14. Mike V.

It doesn't work that way. You have to include cost to assemble, cost to market, cost to service, etc etc.

That's why 100,000 units per year is the general rule of thumb for a successful vehicle and it takes a few years to recoup everything and see the big profits.

Mike

Jeepnut and MoparNorm like this.
  15. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

and why it is beyond perplexing that there is still all of this whining about the the KL sales figures when it is already on track to do 170k+ in its first full year of production.... :facepalm:

16. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Uhh.. I haven't read of ANY whining about sales numbers??? However it's ability to reach 170,000 hasn't yet been established and even if it sells 200,000, it's not really a part of the current discussion.
    AND this is the Renegade thread, can we get back onto topic about Renegade and not the KL?

Jeepnut likes this.
  17. Jeepnut

Level III Supporter

I wonder if they will release the prices of the Renegade at the NY show

18. JRS200x

Level 2 Supporter

You guys don't really think Chrysler makes $28,000 on the sale of a KL do you? It is NOWHERE near that number, not even in the same ballpark, city, state or country really.

MoparNorm and Jeepnut like this.
  19. humdrum

humdrum Well-Known Member

I was just using Norm's figures as he quoted them. As cdsalespro just asserted they are on their way to approx. 170K in sales for this year.

I am sure their accountants have worked these figures and have accounted for all of the variables that factor into this pot.

But I disagree with just hanging some numbers out there, and leaving an impression that isn't necessarily the case. The case for the KL has its sales speak for itself, if you are willing to dig a little deeper and do the math. The numbers don't lie.

All done, I've said my piece.

20. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

You don't have to use "you guys" it's OK to not drag us all down with his assumptions... ;)

That certainly isn't the profit, as you correctly note and that is also why Chrysler cannot profit after one year, or likely after 3 years, it takes at a minimum, a god run of 5 years and hopefully 10 years of a model run. It is why I have expressed concern over moving 500 and Journey from Mexico, a rumored redesign of the KL (although I'd certainly want to see all three happen, it doesn't make financial sense)

My concerns speak more to the overall decisions being made and wondering how much money is being wasted by these changes, false starts, etc. NOTE we don't really know if there are changes as to date, these questionable decisions are primarily rumors.