AF: AN: Baby Jeep Rendering - Renegade? Engines? Date? More... | Page 52 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AN: Baby Jeep Rendering - Renegade? Engines? Date? More...

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Feb 7, 2014.

1. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Uh no, ...I was using hypothetical costs, I did not mention sales numbers.
    A business, as Bob pointed out, cannot continue to have higher overhead than profit, it's how we got to this point to begin with. It's why Fiat Europe is in trouble and I question why we would want to duplicate the same mistakes here.
    Looking at Fiat plants and platforms in Europe it's like they are playing musical,chairs with their plants. It's not a prudent way to conduct business. It may eventually be the right moves, but if so, why weren't they smart enough to do it right the first time?

2. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

The Cherokee has been on sale for about six to seven months. You are missing so many things in your calculation. It takes YEARS for the numbers to play out.

Anything else is assumption. They are still far away from the sales target for the Cherokee.

Mike

3. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

From outside one knows only very few data, so it is difficult to understand strategy, platform allocation, R&D, ... Someone here knows what it is the break even point for Jeep Cherokee KL, projected sales, product development, ... ? With that data one could better understand, otherwise all are speculations, more or less valid, but only speculations.

Jeep Renegade / Fiat 500X assembly line seems started to produce pre-series test vehicles, there are photos of test cars in many different colors.
    http://www.seairlandshots.com/?portfolio=jeep-renegadefiat-500x
    [​IMG]

Some union's managers declared that a first Fiat 500X was assembled about 10 days ago for assembly line verification (it is not a car for road tests) and they added that car will be on sale in summer.
    Yesterday I was at a Jeep dealer here in Italy (there was a two days Jeep Cherokee launch) and the shop owner took from a closed cabinet a Jeep Renegade brochure that for now they should not distribuite (few pages with few data inside), so dealers received already some material.
    At launch there will be 11 colors, of which two blacks "solid black" and "carbon black metallic".

4. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

I like the Renegade much better than KL. I am hoping the Compatriot is a further evolution in their attempt to make a street car into a Jeep.

5. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

Cherokee plays in a segment where the top sellers exceed 20.000 units per month, regularly.

Will it do better than KJ? We will see as Allpar is tracking that.

But, just marginally exceeding KJ is not enough.....the segment that KL plays within has grown dramatically since the days of the KJ.

UN4GTBL and MoparNorm like this.
  6. Mario175

Mario175 Active Member

You can either buy market share by heavy discounts which fords does alot with the current escape.

7. JRS200x

Level 2 Supporter

Correct, the Cherokee is currently running with minimal incentives and is selling out...

8. Mike V.

What do you mean by selling out? It must be regional because there are 1248 Cherokee's on lots within 200 miles from me.

Mike

9. sebring96hbg

sebring96hbg Well-Known Member

Does this number include units "in transit"?

10. Mike V.

Honestly, I don't know. I just pulled the number off the vehicle locator on the Jeep website. It probably does. I know my local Jeep dealer has 55 sitting on the lot, 3 are Trailhawks, 30 Latitude, 12 Limited, and 10 Sport models.

Mike

11. JRS200x

Level 2 Supporter

And those 1248 Cherokee's are will turn over very quickly... it is one of the fastest moving vehicles in inventory atm.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  12. Mike V.

Interesting, they must get shipments regularly because, purely observation, they don't seem to turnover that fast.

I know the Limiteds and especially the Trailhawks move quickly. The lower models not so much.

Mike

13. Mario175

Mario175 Active Member

The question is how often does jeep updates their website? With current inventory.

14. JRS200x

Level 2 Supporter

Pretty often, it is updated automatically off of NVDR's.

15. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it updates every morning.

16. AutoTechnician

AutoTechnician Well-Known Member

The website shows 24,695 Cherokees in stock accross the country. That's only ~45-50 Days of supply. I could easily see dealers running out of vehicles.

17. Mike V.

Oh, I'm not arguing the fact... Just stating that I did not realized they were actually selling out because there seemed to be so many out there on lots.

Mike

18. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

Parting words... the only way to sell out would be if a supplier stopped making parts...

Demand is keeping the supply chain jumping which is good. People have different tastes and desires. Not bad or good just different

19. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Looks bigger than the focus to the left (if it's not a ka)

[​IMG]
    Dunno what they're hiding tho. It isn't much. Lol

20. Jeepnut

Level III Supporter

Its not a KA your right its a 1st gen Focus 4 door hatchback.