AF: AN: Charger Hellcat, SRT, other pricing | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AN: Charger Hellcat, SRT, other pricing

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Allpar News System, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Allpar News System

Allpar News System Automated System

Dodge has released pricing for the full Charger lineup, starting with the V6/eight-speed Dodge Charger SE at $28,990 (all prices include $995 destination for the “49 states”).

Charger was thoroughly renovated for the 2015 model year, with a new look, …

Continue reading...

2. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

I will take my Hellcat in black please. Watch everyone get out of your way in the fast lane because they think you are a cop :D

UN4GTBL likes this.
  3. toasteroven

toasteroven New Member

Still no pictures of the SRT 392 Charger?

4. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

1497684_10202725013550792_3740522997035487_n.jpg

There is your 2015 Charger SRT392. The SRT392 uses the front end of the SRT HELLCAT and like the Challenger SRT392, it gets the HELLCAT hood minus the extractors!

UN4GTBL and suzq044 like this.
  5. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

I really wish the SRT392 Challenger got the Hellcat fascia too....

Glad that the Charger version gets it.

6. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

If that is the look of the 392, I say it is much more appealing to me than the hellcat. It would be nice for bragging rights, but the standard SRT has the look I'm after. The naca and the front facia is enough, the heat extractors are functional but garish. My only issue is I only have 18 grand set aside...

7. Hasham Hanif

Hasham Hanif New Member

So the SRT 392 doesn't have the LED Fog lights? What about the safety features like Front Collision, Blind Spot, Lane assist etc. Has dodge published a full pdf with the features of the SRT 392 yet?

8. Dink

Dink Well-Known Member

What front and rear fascia does the 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack (w/392) get?

9. bumonbox

bumonbox Say no to kool-aid
    Supporter

Ouch, talk about a price jump!

But actually not really. It FEELS like a steep price jump at 2k. However, the 8 spd is now standard, previously a 1k option, and destination was not previous included - it is also about 1k.
    In reality, the price hasn't jumped at all - lol. Accounting for inflation it remained remarkably flat. It just looks bad... However, this is about on par with most of the competition, and cheaper than some of it. Cars are just freakin' expensive these days!!! :-(
    I suspect they'll lose *some* entry level sales. But can the dealers comment on - how many base SEs with the 5 spd were you actually stocking / selling?

10. bumonbox

bumonbox Say no to kool-aid
    Supporter

And a follow up, with further review:
    The Charger SE includes the eight-speed, three-mode electric power steering, automatic halogen projector headlamps, LED daytime running lamps, 7-inch color information display, 5-inch touchscreen with Bluetooth, two USB charging outlets, and a new three-spoke thick rim sport leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio, vehicle, and cruise controls. Even the SE has the LED-lit “racetrack” trail-lamps, variable intermittent speed sensitive vipers, P215/65R17 tires (RWD), 195 mm rear axle, 160 amp alternator, and capless fuel door. The media hub includes an SD card and USB reader along with standard audio input; a six-speaker stereo; dual-zone air conditioning with rear outlets; LED interior lights; manual tilt-and-telescoping steering column; and Keyless Enter ‘n Go with push-button start.

Improved uconnect. Included 7 inch display. Looks like the rest was already there. But not bad.

Same with most of the models, the price changes are minimal, account for the inclusion of destination.

11. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

SRT392 and R/T Scat Pack haven't been officially revealed, but the pricing is..

That is backward from usual

12. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

2015 Dodge Charger Scat Pack R/T will look very similar to the R/T Road & Track package. It will get the same badges as the Challenger Scat Pack R/T and will feature the same wheel options. The bee stripe graphics will also "bee" available too.

13. mentalicca

mentalicca Well-Known Member

Actually bob, the press release stated that the scat pack gets the SRT fascias and the naca hood

14. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

I can't speak for other dealers but we never ordered a base September with the 5speed........honestly I thought that pkg was for rental car companies only. Kinda like the 200 lx..

15. -Rooster-

-Rooster- New Member

This is what I'm most curious about, and it could ultimately be what puts my but into the seat of an R/T Scat Pack, rather than an SS with a stick (no-no on the Charger) and magnetorheological dampers (only on the $47k SRT392). I really like the looks of the SRT and Hellcat, but the R/T bumper is possibly a deal-killer.

16. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

Still no feature availability sheet for the 2015 SRT Chargers... odd that it wasn't released with the pricing. It would be really nice to know exactly what comes with the Hellcat, especially given that the feature list on the Challenger Hellcat seemed to get a whole bunch of changes between May and September.

17. -Rooster-

-Rooster- New Member

I'm guessing they're waiting, at least somewhat, for Chevrolet to lay down their hand. The pricing for the 2015 SS will be a factor in the perceived value of the Charger range.

18. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

I don't think that's it. YTD Charger sales are around 72k, YTD SS sales are under 2500. I don't see it being much of a factor.

Besides, the FA sheet for the non-SRTs was released back in April. They may still be trying to figure out what they can/should offer on the Hellcat. For instance I know they were originally planning to offer adaptive cruise on the Challenger Hellcat, but it got nixed at the last minute because the engine's cooling needs meant that they couldn't locate the cyclops sensor in an effective spot. Some of the same thinking/testing/re-thinking may be going on with the Charger.

19. FStephenMasek

FStephenMasek New Member

That is no joke. When I owned my 1996 Impala SS, it happened often.

20. -Rooster-

-Rooster- New Member

I found this from ResumeSpeed, though I couldn't find SRT-specific numbers for 2011-14. If they haven't increased significantly, SRT Charger production numbers aren't that far off from the SS's 2500 this year. Charger fleet sales seriously inflate their sales numbers. Also, I'd expect the SS to sell better in 2015, given the addition of the TR-6060 and MRC. I'm not saying unknown SS pricing is the only reason for Dodge waiting to release the feature list for the Scats, SRT 392s and Hellcats, but I think they compete a little more closely than you give them credit for.

2006 - 4,719
    2007 - 5,868
    2008 - 3,416
    2009 - 945
    2010 - 881