AF: AN: Exploring the 2018 Dodge Neon and Chrysler 100 | Page 32 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AN: Exploring the 2018 Dodge Neon and Chrysler 100

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Aug 25, 2016.

1. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Anyone who uses body codes tends to be a jeeper. Sj, CJ, DJ, wk, tj, xj, jk, these are all things that people who have had a Jeep and know that wrangler isn't a Toyota.

Not everyone is an enthusiast. I'm pretty sure in most countries outside the US, pretty much any 4x4 SUV that isn't a range rover is referred to as a Jeep. It's a type of vehicle, not the name of a brand.

2. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but that's complete bafoonery. No wonder when police go looking for criminals they say be on the look out for a white late model sedan. Um you're going to have to give me information than just that. That does nothing.

Bob Lincoln and UN4GTBL like this.
  3. npaladin2000

npaladin2000 LOAD "*",8,1

Point of order, "CJ" is a model name. :D I think SJ and DJ are also come to think of it.

4. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

SJ is the body code for grand wagoneers and non-xj Cherokees before 83

DJ is the mail Jeep I think? Could be model name, idk tho (dispatch/delivery named?)

5. cgseller

cgseller Well-Known Member

This is true mostly in the US as well. Not as much as the 1980s but still exists. Band-Aid, Kleenex, Xerox, Ditto, Aspirin, Formica, are all similar examples of this phenomenon.

Prabhjot and suzq044 like this.
  6. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Not sure just yet... more than likely a Chrysler.

npaladin2000 and james.mooney. like this.
  7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

SJ... my favorite vehicle of all time!

dmcdonald likes this.
  8. dmcdonald

dmcdonald Well-Known Member

Mine too!!

suzq044 likes this.
  9. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Yeah, thanks for the answer. I've been all over the States and have never heard people call other off roaders, "Jeeps." I do know about people not knowing what vehicles Jeep has in their portfolio. A lot of people, like you said, don't realize a Jeep Wrangler is called that. But I've noticed many know what a Grand Cherokee and plain old Cherokee is.

I've also heard a lot of people, outside of the Pacific Northwest and West Coast, simply not like Jeep's because they think they are "rough riding." It again comes down to people not being aware of what a brand is and what each brand has. It's shocking how people either don't care or just aren't that bright. I've had people talk about cars saying, "It's a Ford Chevy" or, "it's a Dodge Bronco." How am I supposed to respond to that?

10. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Good news!!!

MPE426HEMI and suzq044 like this.
  11. Bill Sample

Bill Sample Well-Known Member

Back in the late 1950s or early 1960s I remember my Dad telling me about U S Army Jeeps he had driven during WW II - even told me some were Fords but most were Willys. Around that time we saw this strange looking Jeep-like vehicle which was likely a Toyota FJ. When I asked him what it was he said "a Japanese Jeep."

Zagnut27 likes this.
  12. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yup. My brother collects and restores old Jeeps, and one is 43 Ford GPW. There have been several companies that have made Jeep "clones" over the years, so the confusion can be understandable. It still irritates me for some unknown irrational reason. :)

13. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

Have done this all my life: any cola is a "Coke" to me. Now that I drink unsweetened ice tea, it's no longer a thang.

jwp44, GasAxe and Robert Johnson like this.
  14. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

30,420 views and 633 replies, must be real important to a few people! And its not about Jeep!!!!

marlon_jbt and wtxiceman like this.