AF: AN: First Glimpse of SRT Tomahawk Vision | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AN: First Glimpse of SRT Tomahawk Vision

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by Allpar News System, May 29, 2015.

1. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

There are some, who all they do is game. If you aren't programming games, you are being used.
    Life is short and fleeting, if wasting it playing games is your thing, fine, I'm just pointing out that life is for those who participate. If you have little ambition to be productive and make something of yourself, game away, but real life is passing you by while you are snoozing in a virtual life...

2. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Yeah, gameing is intefering with my allpar time. :D

3. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

Thank you, Suzq.

As for me and MY principles, I would have to be. Speaking only personally.

My son, however, could be employed as a Gamer and do pretty darn well.

(He loves auto racing, NFL, College Football and some others).

suzq044 likes this.
  4. AutoTechnician

AutoTechnician Well-Known Member

I think this is a great marketing exercise for FCA/SRT. It costs less than a real concept, and it offers an interactivity (people can "drive" it) that real concepts can't offer. Plus, it'll be around for years in the game, allowing many people to see it, vs. a one-off concept that people will forget about 5 days after the autoshow circuit ends.
    Please remind me how off-roading or racing is in anyway more "productive" or any more relevant to "real life" than video games?

Many people have an off-roading hobby to escape from "real life". Many people go racing on weekends to escape from "real life". Many people play video games to escape from "real life". Some people find a way to make money off-roading, some people find a way to make money racing, other people find ways to make money playing video games. There are some "professional gamers" that pull in 6 or even 7 figures a year.

#44 AutoTechnician, May 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
    finc.jb, LXbuilder and koussevitzky like this.
  5. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

For the Record.... There are Vision GT cars that are full scale Concept cars that you can sit in. They may not be fully working, but they have full interiors ect..

Infiniti
    [​IMG]

Nissan
    [​IMG]
    Mercedes
    [​IMG]

General Motors
    [​IMG]
    These are not just Virtual, they are REAL Life concepts.

LXbuilder likes this.
  6. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

That last one isn't completely GM, Chevy had a heavy hand in it, but it was for Chaparral (sp?) -- GM is due to do another one too. Along with about 12 more car companies, of these VisionGT cars. So far, they seem to be shown off around the time the in-game version is available, give or take.

So far, there are Subaru, Infiniti, Mitsubishi, Mercedes, AstonMartin, Nissan, Volkswagen (x2), Toyota, Lexus, Mini, BMW, Renault/Alpine (x2), Peugeot & Mazda. Every single one of these cars has a design/inspiration video.

What is coming, is Audi, Bertone, Daihatsu, Ford, GMdesign, Honda, Hyundai, Italdesign/Giugiaro, Jordan, Lamborghini, Nike, (another Peugeot maybe), Tesla and Zagato. So the visionGT cars are no minor addition to the game. (Alfa Romeo was in the list, but disappeared, so was likely withdrawn from the program. Bertone is still up in the air, because of bankruptcy or whatever.)

finc.jb likes this.
  7. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

As usual, you failed to grasp the thought process.
    No one is talking about a hobby, I'm talking about lives wasted, from an addiction like lifestyle of hours a day playing games that are a fantasy, not real, not a hobby, a compulsion and I have seen many instances first hand.
    I'm talking about wasted potential of thousands of youth, spending their entire existence playing games while wasting their potential. Withdrawing from society, lack of any meaningful ability to socially interact, completely withdrawn from real,life.
    You have also failed to grasp the difference between a virtual existence and real life.
    Completely off the point, but since you chose to attack me, Off roading is not a hobby for me, it's my business and arguably their are fewer professional gamers than professional racers and both represent a small, small, percentage of participants, don't they.
    If you can't distinguish real life activities from sitting in front of a keyboard all day, pretending to compete, then further discussion with you is futile.

8. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Well, why would anybody want to market to gamers? I don't know? What a waste.

Well, between me, and my eight gaming buddies, we have a combined annual gross salary of over 2 million dollars (no kidding). Our average age is 47. We each have several kids, all of whom, play, and we play with them.

Video gaming, as an industry eclipsed the total gross of Hollywood, films, movies, all of it, over a decade ago. Marketing to gamers is a huge business. Getting a cover car on a top shelf game (Forza, GT, etc) is a really, really, big deal. Ask a marketing pro which he'd rather have, the cover of the next Forza game, or Motortrend's Car of the Year? Hands down, they will all say the cover of the video game. It gets infinitely more exposure, and bette exposure.

Ignore video games at your own risk. The people who don't play, are in the vast, vast minority. Everyone with a smart phone, either is a gamer, or is a potential gamer. How many o those Kate Hudson video game ads have you seen on TV? And that is for a weak assed smart phone app that plays in the smaller end of the market.

Gamers came out of the basement years ago, and began buying corporations.

9. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

BTW, I own many toys, other than my gaming console, and associated sound and display equipment. I own a $7,000 mountain bike, which I grind on as often as I can. My flower and vegetable gardens are the envy of the neighborhood. I camp with my family all of the time.

Gaming allows my friends and I, most of whom go back to my Navy days, to have a couple nights a week (in a good week) to have a virtual "bowling night" as it were. Four are local, the rest are spread across the country. The gaming allows us to be close to each other, in spite of distance between us, and also in spite of the time constraints our busy lives place on us.

Oh, also, as I type this, I am corresponding with one of those buddies about taking our families on a canoe trip in southern Missouri, on either Gasconade River, or the White in Arkansas (the White is too big, too aggressive)> I am trying to talk him into the slower, more remote Gsaconade. Why does this matter? Because he, and I, and our kids, stay close through gaming.

Gaming is what you make of it. Just like anything else in life.

finc.jb, koussevitzky and tomaz like this.
  10. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Not directing those two posts at anyone specific. Just voicing my sentiment.

11. longlivechrysler

longlivechrysler The Negative Optimist

At around :15 and again at :45, you can see at least the "drawing board" for the concept...

12. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

Yep... Also If it wasnt for the "Need For Speed" Video Game Franchise. there wouldn't had been a "Fast & Furious" Movie.

13. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

As was I. Neither you or the so-called tech, know of my personal situation, experience, or personal hardships with dealing with the loss of a loved one.
    When 100% of my experiences is the same, then it becomes empirical, not anecdotal.
    None of my posts claimed gamers were a small group, or all in lockstep.
    Gaming addiction is the same as any addiction, wasted, lost and diminished potential. And judging by his posts, sometimes complete lack of social skills.
    I am no less entitled to my experience and to voice my thoughts on them, period.

14. humdrum

humdrum Well-Known Member

Where do you think the Air Force gets it's drone pilots? Most of them have extensive experience in gaming as well as in real jet jockeying.

Moparian likes this.
  15. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

You hear about the dwindling numbers of younger folks getting into car culture and enthusiasts wonder why that is, then you read some of these posts about gamers. What a disappointing thread.:(

MoparNorm and Moparian like this.
  16. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

The problem is some people on here are grouping the kids(and adults) who do nothing other than playing video games all day(which if your arent getting paid for it, I agree its a waste but thats their life and choice) with other responsible adults who might pick up a controller a few hours a month which is not even close to being the same.

finc.jb likes this.
  17. koussevitzky

koussevitzky Active Member

Maybe empirical to you, but considering there are millions of gamers, unless you happen to have said experience tens of thousands of times, is still anecdotal.

Bad parenting, culture of privilege, genetic predisposition, mental conditions, among others, are better explanations to self destroying behaviour

#57 koussevitzky, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2015
  18. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

Most people I know tend to game in the evening to late night hours, this includes kids as well...... much rather have our youth sitting inside playing call of duty than out roaming the streets getting into trouble with drugs, gangs etc. Me and some of my childhood friends have been gaming together for almost 20 years but we still all managed to build and race cars during highschool/college, start businesses, get married and have children without gaming taking over our lives. Its simply a nice escape from the day to day that doesnt require drugs or alcohol.

MPE426HEMI and finc.jb like this.
  19. Bob ONeill

Bob ONeill 325,000+ miles and counting...
    Level 2 Supporter

Norm, there is a song which is popular these days. And, sometimes it's best to just 'Let it Go".

Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion, experience or other doesn't always mean it's trolling, a personal attack or other. Sometimes it is best to just let it go.

I learned something very important over the past few years. I learned how to 'win' an argument. I do so by keeping silent.

ScramFan, valiant67 and finc.jb like this.
  20. ScottB

ScottB Active Member

Chrysler's history in recent decades has been to bring mostly running concept vehicles to the auto show circuit, including the Tomahawk V10 motorcycle. Are Chrysler's auto show concept cars prototypes by your definition? Maybe so. By they're usually referred to as concept vehicles at the shows. And they do demonstrate how technologies are integrated into vehicles with a reasonable expectation that some of them are going to show up in production cars in the not too distant future. That's hardly a hunk of clay.