AF: AN: It’s official: Supercharged 6.2 Hemi | Page 20 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AN: It’s official: Supercharged 6.2 Hemi

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Allpar News System, May 20, 2014.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

The media drive and order banks will be just the Charger SE through R/T. The rest will come later. Charger SRT models won't start production until a few months later.

2. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

EDIT: I misread. The media drive and order banks will include Challenger SRT, as I understand it. I know that Charger comes later. I was referring specifically to the Hellcat's HP ratings.

3. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

Why the slow roll out for these cars? The 2011 refresh etc. rolled out quicker. Just wondering.

4. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

I'm talking about something that moves the car to the front. The power has to make it to the ground; and the net result of getting that job done has to be that it's unmistakably a better performer than the competition.

If they could accomplish that same job by means of a 1-Barrel 170 CID Slant Six - I wouldn't care. Just have something that will make the competitors clamor to see who'll be 2nd place.

What I wouldn't like is a Supercharged Hemi that only shows up as a 'Me Too' blown V8.

Who'd give a hoot if the HP at the crank was far out in front of any of the competition if you get smoked at every head-to-head show-down?

But I'm right with you with what you're saying about Rating versus Actual. I'm just way more concerned about Chassis Dyno, Street and Race results.

I just don't want to see the Challenger equivalent of the Dodge Dart in Global Rally Cross -

5. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

Umm the Dart actually did pretty well for a under funded program racing against well established players..... I'm pretty sure it's not going to be an also ran.

6. Dink

Dink Well-Known Member

1. They are not quite ready. Testing, certifications, international approvals. Challenger redesign needed to be out first. It was the priority.

2. They don't want to kill 2014 sales. Most will wait once they hear about the 2015's.

7. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

I watched a couple races and was underwhelmed. I read about some of the others, saw some clips and was saddened. It's not to say there weren't some bright spots, but there were too few. Really, it seemed effort went into the wrong race series. I honestly thought it would've had a better chance in more traditional GT racing. Rally Cross just seemed wrong headed out of the gate.

The funding is part of the problem. Any series : FCA/SRT Motorsports is a question mark and a head-scratcher.

On the flip side, Mopar's showing in NHRA is strong. I'm real pleased; but it's a real head-shaker looking at the whole motorsports thing where this administration is concerned.

8. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

I would had put the Dart in the Compact Touring Car Series races where the Cruze was participating.

9. BigDaddySRT

BigDaddySRT Well-Known Member

It would have been the perfect series for a High Horsepower Turbocharged AWD DART SRT.

10. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

GRC?
    The cars were already high horsepower race cars.
    The Dart was and is too big for that type of racing in GRC. It couldn't fit on the track and turn with the smaller competition.
    Wrong car, wrong driver.

11. Moparian

You mean like the 600+ Hp AWD Dart that they used in GRC? Unless you meant some other series.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  12. Charger Red

Charger Red Well-Known Member

I still think of (unpaved) Pikes Peak as the epitome of this genre.

13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

[​IMG]

Just for fun and a little bit more appealing than Tim Doyle's PF SRT sketch...

UN4GTBL likes this.
  14. Moparian

meh. Looks too much like the NSRT

15. Detonator Yellow

Detonator Yellow Well-Known Member

This has probably been addresed, but the lack of Manufacturer plated on the Sublime Challenger is really disturbing me! What's up with it?

16. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

I like that personally.

But the chrome DLO needs to go.

17. Moparian

Get rid of the dodge badge, move the SRT badge to its spot, and change the hood to something like the Hellcat or JGC and it would look a lot better. Headlamps need to be all black.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  18. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Also, change the slots below the leading edge of the hood to be a little wider-closer to the head lamps, and angle their outside verticle to match the angle of the head lamps. Then add a shade of "snoutiness" to the lower grill opening.

UN4GTBL and Moparian like this.
  19. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

JKU12 likes this.
  20. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter