AF: AN: New 2017 Chrysler minivan spy shots | Page 25 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AN: New 2017 Chrysler minivan spy shots

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Allpar News System, May 7, 2015.

1. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

As noted in another thread that you attempted to debate this same topic, Chrysler already offers a 2 door large car and cost to develop the vehicle you desire is very difficult to justify.

Unfortunately, Magnum will not sell enough to justify and adding more vehicles to the existing line would strain production of the current cars that sell very well.

Mike

2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

There is a Charger coupe available now, it just wears different sheet metal.

HotCarNut, Mike V. and MoparDanno like this.
  3. lance89

lance89 Member

I'm not arguing circles about should a Charger coupe be built but if it can happen it have to be sport/luxury big coupe like the 60-early 70's versions but mostly based on the Charger sedan.

Magnum and Rampage not only could compliment each other here but now you have new market opportunities (sold worldwide) for them since Australia is soon to have no affordable, rwd wagon and car-based pick-up . I'll say even brand the Rampage "Ram" in N/A and "Dodge" in international markets.

4. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

too small to payback

5. Mike V.

Again, they already have this vehicle... It's called a Challenger and it can be optioned from base to premium.

Magnum was cancelled and replaced by a higher sales volume vehicle named Challenger.

As explained before, the cost to develop is not justifiable and could lead to production capacity issues.

Now let's get back to the topic on hand... The next generation minivan.

Mike

UN4GTBL, MoparDanno and dfarc like this.
  6. BismrkBear

BismrkBear Well-Known Member

I would like the next generation minivan if it had two doors, and a Charger inspired character line down the side. ****duck's to avoid the shrapnel from that comment.****

7. Dan Minick

Level III Supporter

8. Mopartial

Mopartial Fits and Finishes

12soldier likes this.
  9. lance89

lance89 Member

Challenger?, Dodge made a new Challenger?, since when?........

Instead of trying to corner people with your "can't do" arguing read what I said of "opinion", i guess the webslang "IMO" don't work here.
    From what was known one Chrysler exec. killed the Magnum and the Challenger was originally a 2 MY, SRT8 only car. Glad the Challenger sold like it did though.

As for the other gloomy-doom you bring up FCA could have green lit a mid-engine, V10 Dart, or in other words you don't know what a multibillion dollar car company is able to do unless you in the boardroom.

Now that I can do......

10. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I just want to toss in - yes, this is what Burke Brown said, and he also said the plan was always to have Charger, 300, and Magnum at once.

11. Mike V.

Several people tried to explain exactly why it could not be done in the other thread but you continually cast them off. Just because you say "it could be done" does not mean it can actually be done.

Sounds like a good plan to me. If you want to continue the off topic discussion than take it to PM.

Mike

12. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

I think the engineers who lurk here would beg to differ with your dreaming.

TheMan and Moparian like this.
  13. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Do we know what drivetrains this thing has? 3.2 PUG with the 9 speed? I thought there was a PHEV version coming at some point. At launch?

14. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

15. lance89

lance89 Member

"Dreaming"?, well I do know cars get designed by somebodys dream. I'd love for FCA to take my idea and cash it in (and pay me) from the response here I didn't know my dream have that much influence on a billion dollar company.

As for engineers, what type?, sanitation engineers for the trashing for any ideas that come up here?.

Move on guy..

16. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...

The engineers are tasked with attempting to turn someone's dream into a reality. Often, they have to take on the role of "Captain Buzzkill" when they have to tell the dreamer that their idea is not possible within the parameters of the program or production capabilities.

link3721 likes this.
  17. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

There is your credibility going down the drain right there. You know nothing about the mass production automotive industry.

koussevitzky, TheMan, oruandy and 5 others like this.
  18. Mike V.

Again, multiple people have tried to explain the process to you... an you continue to cast them aside.

Please move on and stick to the thread topic.

Mike

19. Detonator Yellow

Detonator Yellow Well-Known Member

SAfe to say that the new van is a result of a TC and a Pacifica that was raised by a new 200?

Bajanbuoy and UN4GTBL like this.