AF: AN: Ram 1500 Diesel finally official | Page 6 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AN: Ram 1500 Diesel finally official

Discussion in 'Vans' started by Allpar News System, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Thanks Bumonbox, you made my day :thumbsup:

Or the contract was only for 40,000 available units in VM's schedule and they will build the them in groups of 5000 on a line that build 10000 in week. They will do 8 builds total, ship as built, and they will be inventoried at a warehouse until ready to be install.

Or something like that. When Chrysler uses 4000 they send an email with another payment on the PO to start building another 5000 and have em shipped about the the time they use the 4995th on sitting in the warehouse.

Mike

2. AC TC

AC TC Well-Known Member

Is that Scania smogable or even practical in size and weight at 15 liters?
    This is a lovely engine, mounted in a timbertruck, firetanker or whatever thats big...

3. Mike V.

I'm sure it's lovely, but honestly, who cares. I don't.

Mike

4. 66coronet

66coronet Well-Known Member

Sorry, I looked at the Everett Harold first then looked at the Ram 1500 diesel page. I didn't look further into other forums and went to work.

5. 66coronet

66coronet Well-Known Member

No I didn't look into the $7800 Cummins price.
    I was sort of disappointed that the Laredo option $28,795 4x2 / $30,795 4x4 didn't offer it. One could have had a diesel for $33295 (or what ever dealer gouges + taxs) which is still cheaper than the next model up Limited.

6. JRS200x

Level 2 Supporter

They simply can't make enough of them to handle the type of demand that offering a diesel at that price point might create. So they put it on the higher end models to temper demand for it... If they see a massive demand for the engine (which hasn't been there in the past) then they hopefully will up production in the coming years if possible and offer it on a wider variety of trim levels. That being said, I have no idea what kind of profit margin they are looking at by pricing it at $4500, they still probably make quite a bit more for each Hemi sold.

7. TonyM

TonyM Member

Well it is Italy . . . based on my experience dealing with Italian machine shops and the like they tend to churn out great quality stuff, if/when it's ever delivered. :)

8. nm05

nm05 New Member

I like your thinking. I would like a RAM 1500 regular cab short bed 4X4 with the 3.0 diesel. That would be the perfect truck for me. I haven't driven a '13 Ram, but has the body roll gotten better since the 2008? The body roll in my Ram is terrible, always has been.

9. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Geeze Dave, That was not a derogatory, or serious inference that the VM pace was "relaxed", it was strictly a joke that Duckie could use some rest.
    There was nothing nefarious implied or meant, in respect to VM. They are one of the most efficient and modern plants in the world, run under the supervision and direction of Roger Penske until just a few short years ago.

10. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

2008?
    Maybe you missed it, but Dodge truck had a refresh in 2009, new frame construction, new suspensions, tuned progressive rate coils and shocks and have kept on improving every year since.
    Trucks are top heavy, but Dodge's handle very good for their size and purpose. Much better I'd suggest, than the offerings from Ford or GM.

11. nm05

nm05 New Member

I know they had the refresh, but haven't driven the new body style. My old '97 Ram honestly had a better ride than my current '08 Ram when it comes to body roll and handling.

12. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

With the economy in Europe falling into an abyss, VM might be able to increase production if required.

13. Mike V.

Quite possibly

Mike

14. dodgeatheart

dodgeatheart Not THAT guy again!

You definitely need to drive a 09+ - I had an 09 and it handled very nice for a truck.

15. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Body style is not important, what is important is the entire undercarriage and suspension was redone.