AF: AN: Ram Cargo Van now Tradesman | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AN: Ram Cargo Van now Tradesman

Discussion in 'Vans' started by Allpar News System, Feb 6, 2013.

1. M.O.D.

M.O.D. Well-Known Member

It seems like the Lancia Thema/300 and Voyager/T&C failure in Europe has not served as a lesson. They just keep serving rebadges and selling them as "thorough revisions of styling to suit local tastes".

That's rubbish, though.

They have spent so much in adapting the Pentastar to it, and that's definitely good, plus all the mentioned other mods. All very good. But why on earth did they not take some time and money to revisit the styling? As far as i can see it, that's seriously poor deciion making by Fiat-Chrysler. Period.

Unless...

Just thinking...

I read in some forums (including here on Allpar) that a new, MY 2015, Fiat Ducato is supposed to be launched in end 2014 in Europe. Is this ProMaster possibly just a stop-gap for a 2015 or 2016 all new Ram ProMaster with US styling too?

2. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I believe the headlamp assemblies are part of those bits and pieces that were "modified for the American market."

The Pentastar/62TE combo was a welcome surprise to me as well.

I snagged a shot of the ProMaster behind the curtain awaiting the official reveal - but since the images hit the web this morning already, it's hardly worth anything.

As I noted on Allpar's Facebook page late last night/this morning, yes it's ugly - but in a way that people will look - and then see your company's advertising on the hood and sides. Mission accomplished. ;)

Why didn't they spend the time and money to make a subjectively better front-end and grille? That question has bene answered over and over - time and money. They have a budget and a schedule.

People thought the Sprinter was awkward looking when it debuted as well.

It's not like it's someone's personal car, and if your job entails driving one you'll rarely see the front end anyway.

3. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

True enough; and you can probably do some decent adwork to kind of make the lights blend in.

4. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

5. burtstwins

burtstwins Well-Known Member

They are some UGLY lights, at least they could have contoured them to the wind shield, would look much better JMHO.

6. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

7. PCRMike

PCRMike Well-Known Member

Maximillian. I remember him putting the spinning blade through the book and the doctor. I was a little kid when I saw that and still wish I could find it so my kids could enjoy it.