Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AN: Uconnect #1 new, but later?

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Mike V., Aug 9, 2017.

1. Jared26

Jared26 Ram enthusiast
    Level 2 Supporter

Happy with the 8.4AN system overall in my 2016 Ram, but I do wish you could customize the background or at least mix and match the stock backgrounds to the different theme colours. Also not happy with them saying they aren't going to update the system to be compatible with android auto or CarPlay, last but not least complaint is how crippled the system is in Canada without the uconnect access features. In my friends 2016 F150 with Sync 3 if he uses spotify on his phone it will show up in a Spotify app on his Sync system, no such luck with the Uconnect.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  2. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

Yeah, Canadian models are really lacking features.

I doubt they will ever fix that tho.

3. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

And even if it is a Mopar add-on. Make sure it's installed and working correctly before you pick up the vehicle!

I fought with my selling dealer for 8 months to have them install the Mopar Fog Light kit on my Caliber.

4. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Active Member

Not to bring up an old thread but my Uconnect bricked itself with the ota update for the 2015's. My uconnect had been acting weird for months. So now I have to get a new radio. I assume it'll be similar radio and not the 2017.

5. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective
    Level 2 Supporter

FCA locks out a lot of features if it does not roll off the factory line with them.

FYI - Front Park Sensors cannot be added to a Ram 1500 despite what some forums say. If the VIN doesn't show it as an addable option, it cannot go on.

6. HWDan

Level III Supporter

I know there's an new uconnect software update just released a few weeks ago for my 2017, but with only 2 minor issues I've encountered, I won't bother risking the update breaking something else for now until I hear how stable it is (plus it's something like an 8gb update now needing at least a 16gb usb key).

One issue had the usb ports in the center console stop working. Had to pull the fuse for it in the trunk to get them working again. Never happened again.

A few weeks ago, I backed out of the garage into the driveway, and on the backup camera, noticed a Jeep stopping at the 3-way stop at the end of my driveway (my driveway is basically the 4th way). Put it in park, wait for the garage door to close and for my son to get in. I glance at the screen and notice the Jeep still there, so I wait for it before I attempt to backout. But it wasn't moving yet; wait some more and give up thinking they must be on the phone or something. That's when I turn around to look and there's no one there! uconnect had frozen right at perfect time and left the a still image on the display (should have realized that I was in park which turns the backup camera off). I turned the car off and on and it was all good.

Anyway, if its not well known yet, to reboot 2017 uconnect 8.4an's without shutting off the car, press and hold the top right corner of the touch screen.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  7. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Active Member

I was shocked that my uconnect bricked itself. But I had been having small problems lately. Guess it was only a matter of time.

8. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

The 2014 Grand Cherokee downloaded the updates a couple weeks ago. What a poorly designed upgrade. All settings and paired phones wiped out. Nav button removed from the main screen. Lots of time to set everything back up again. And it's even slower to load than before.

9. Hemidakota

Hemidakota Active Member

Common problem found on the 2011 and 2012 that I was not aware of after purchase, the Panasonic wireless module goes out that interfaces with the Uconnect. I have dealt with Panasonic on a personal level and have a close connection with the corporate since it was us (Marines) that developed the first rugged laptops (Toughbooks) that others have followed later. This however was a complete disappointment to see poor quality issues from this company. I don't know if a surge from UConnect or just bad boards. Other issues was the rear camera for the same year had issues. Once you become 'addicted' to the UConnect complete functions and something breaks, it is hard to revert back. LOL

10. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Active Member

Yeah my moms 2015 Durango took out her seat settings I believe. But she said everything else stayed.