AF: AN: Wrangler may leave frame, factory, steel behind | Page 47 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AN: Wrangler may leave frame, factory, steel behind

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Allpar News System, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

If the convertible dies, they will have plenty of capacity to build variants, like a pickup.

FreeLantz and MoparNorm like this.
  2. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

If solid axles die, there will be plenty of capacity to build anything...currently there isn't anyone left to design a competent IFS and likely no one left to refine solid axles to meet any perceived goal.

FreeLantz and Jeepnut like this.
  3. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Very interesting, Bob...

Jeepnut likes this.
  4. LouJC

LouJC Active Member

I think that a properly designed (improved version of the WK coil-over IFS) independent front suspension, IF paired with a live rear axle can still be competent off road. Look at what people do with Toyota Four Runners and Tacomas off road. They do very well even though the IFS does not flex as well as a live front axle (swaybar disconnected). If they build it so it can be easily modified with small lifts and better shocks, it will not be the end of the Wrangler by a long shot.
    Many people here who drive Wranglers with the hard top NEVER take them off. They remove the panels and go on the beach all summer but the top stays on, from what I've seen.

5. So we are less than 2 years from all new Wrangler sales start? I hope they will not mess this new version. And off-course I hope they will finally introduce new VM Motori L424 diesel engine which was specially developed for Wrangler.

6. TheMan

TheMan What color are the clouds in your world?
    Level III Supporter

Good lord they can't shut up to save their souls.

gezco, freshforged, link3721 and 7 others like this.
  7. peterjon1

peterjon1 Well-Known Member

I'm learning a whole lot from this. Please carry on.

Jeepnut likes this.
  8. chcg12

chcg12 Well-Known Member

So whats with all the "veiled secrecy"? Sit on your hands etc..? This is a forum with many excellent discussions. My thanks to several experts that regularly contribute. I have owned ,wheeled,modified 7 wranglers from 1985-2014. Currently own a 2001 TJ and a 2014JKU. I am an enthusiast and fan, far from an expert or engineer for that matter. It just seems this thread is taking a turn for the worse. I am sure most decisions have already been made-minus the actual facility that will be used. There will be a soft top or at the very least an open roof type wrangler. There will be aluminum panels used. There will be a more efficient engine used. Sales will ultimately continue to rise. This is all but guaranteed via SM's statements, complicated cafe requirements and government regulations. I am convinced someone knows the final design (not build location) as we speak and it will probably leak out sooner or later. Cheers.

bikeluver43 likes this.
  9. TheMan

Level III Supporter

Did you read and comprehend all this thread?

Moparian likes this.
  10. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

Bob, why don't you just make your own thread? People come in here thinking this thread is about the article posted in the OP and want to discuss it...I understand/appreciate what you're trying to do here but it may be better supported elsewhere.

bikeluver43 likes this.
  11. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Like if I ever get started on my compilation. Well, I have something to do at during my one hour wait at the doc's office.

12. TheMan

Level III Supporter

Nope.

Dave asked a question specifically of myself and JTE, and I finished my answer to his question. My time is for hire. I see no one offering to buy my time so, no, I have no further interest in being interrupted, or subject myself to people and their attitudes willingly. Pay me or not-it is no concern of mine, but I make the rules where and when I speak or not.

Not any whiners or wannabes.

#932 TheMan, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    KCP Worker likes this.
  13. Rick Anderson

Rick Anderson Well-Known Member

Totally agree, but do the Italians know the difference? As well, if sales sag for the entire corporation, which doesn't seem likely in the future, but if they did, its NOT impossible to imagine higher managemetn telling the Jeep brand that you have to carry the water for the whole corporation again, and they're badging a RAM truck as a Jeep just to make up some sales. Getting off topic, and I'd love to see P/U version of a Wrangler, altough I'd buy the JKU myself before that, its just a matter of the forces driving the market, will make it worth the risk to develop and produce.

14. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

I wasn't talking about the company, I was responding to a local post.

15. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

In any event, I can't wait to see what this newest Wrangler brings to the off-road landscape and how aftermarket companies will adapt. Watching Mercedes, Land Rover, and Jeep tackle the monumental task of updating their off-road icons is cringe-inducing.

...or you can just be a diva. :p ;)

16. TheMan

Level III Supporter

.....even divas are paid for their time and expertice. Still dont see anyone stepping up......

KCP Worker, MoparDanno and serpens like this.
  17. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

TANSTAAFL.....

TheMan likes this.
  18. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Temporarily locking… will re-open later.

19. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Locking now

20. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Still working on the summary.

FreeLantz and crmarczak like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.