Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And Yet Another Surgery

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by chuzz, Dec 28, 2017.

1. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, I wasn't sure where to post this, so figured this is as good a place as any. I won't be on the forum for a few days. Wife is going to have another back surgery (number 8) on Friday. We go to the hospital tomorrow for all of the usual pre-op stuff they always want to do and then sometime Friday they'll do the surgery. Seems like the clown that put the rods and screws in her low back twelve years ago, put a screw right through a nerve root! No wonder she's had back and leg pain every day since then. New doc is going to remove it and put it where it's supposed to be and then replace the blown disc below this area and add a couple of rods and screws. I want to go back to TN and find that bastard that screwed her up and pop a cap in his [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms]. [​IMG] That'll have to wait for a while and by then, I may have calmed down. Can't do anything about it right now due to the statute of limitations. Too bad. I won't, but I sure would like to.

2. ka9yhd

ka9yhd Active Member

I am wishing your wife well.

3. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Best wishes and prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.

4. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

In our prayers.
    That story sounds awfully familiar. Dad had two back surgeries in Florida at 84 yrs of age. Second one was to repair damage done in the first procedure but just caused more. After four months in bed on his back we brought him home. Troy Beaumont Hospital fixed him up and a month of physical therapy he was walking around. The screws and pins installed in Florida were removed in the third op. We sold their condo in Florida and only returned once for the court arbitration hearing.

chuzz likes this.
  5. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

If I am not mistaken, the statue of limitations only applies to certain criminal charges, not civil suits. Correct me if I am wrong.

6. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

Prayers are offered.

I've had a minor " Plate and Screws " Lumbar procedure, and can only relate to that extent, but the experience helps to recognize in your explanation a more three-dimensional reality.

She definitely has a huge amount of my respect for experiencing what she has and coping ... and I know you/family have had to bear-up under that right there stride-for-stride with her.

chuzz likes this.