Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Comparo Win - Honda versus Chrysler (AutoGuide)

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Hemidakota, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:12 AM.

1. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

I’m an auto guy, but I agree. My previous 2011 DGC 6 speed was solid & reliable. But had a horrendous shift schedule (or something there of). I’ve never driven any other auto from Chrysler that was as noisy and gave the weirdest sensations as that 6 speed. I don’t wish to own another one, however, people have said it’s been rectified in recent iterations. I’ve got to say, the 6 speed Hyundai trans in my Patriot is pretty nice and shifts great. Seems to always be in the right gear at the right time. It gears down awesome. (And you know it pains me to say that!)

UN4GTBL and somber like this.
  2. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

Yes. the OEM tires on my 2015 300 were awful. I lost confidence in the car in the rain. Then I sprang for a set of Michelin premier a/s. what a difference. Cannot break them loose. Stick like glue.

UN4GTBL and somber like this.
  3. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

Some time in the last four years or so there was an update to the transmission programming for my 2012 DGC. When I got it out of storage this summer and took it in for servicing the dealer informed me of the update, which I had done a few weeks later when I had time to be without the van for a day. The update fixed a lot of the weirdness with the way that mine shifted. Even the Eco mode seems to work better, but I still don't use it.

somber and MPE426HEMI like this.
  4. TripleT

Level III Supporter

Our Journey did the same thing... never gave us any problem, but was poorly behaved. Lost sometimes, clunking, oddly shifting....

somber, MPE426HEMI and UN4GTBL like this.
  5. Mr. Fusion

Level 2 Supporter

Had a Journey, can confirm. I'd describe the transmission as "reliable, but weird".

Then again, that 62TE tranny was already a bit of an oddball from a design standpoint. Isn't it basically the old 41TE with two very closely-spaced overdrive gears added? Nevertheless, it was a decent enough stopgap that allowed Mopar to have a 6-spd automatic in the stable fairly early-on. Helpful from a marketing standpoint.

somber, MPE426HEMI and UN4GTBL like this.
  6. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

That's a perfect description I think.

somber likes this.
  7. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

ECO really sucked! So much so, my selling salesman told me not to bother using it, when the van was delivered. I tried it twice and indeed confirmed his recommendation.

somber and UN4GTBL like this.
  8. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

I tried it a couple of times when we first got our 2012 DGC, and hated it as well. Whatever programming update they did definitely helped, because it is much improved.

somber and MPE426HEMI like this.