AF: Another Hellcat on July 2nd? | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Hellcat on July 2nd?

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by hmk123, Jun 29, 2020.

1. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

The exterior to me just misses the mark, proportions seem just off

2. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Would have been nice. By the way, they claimed the original Charger Hellcat had a max speed of 204 mph. So still one mph more than the Redeye WB Charger.

Mopar392 likes this.
  3. purplepassengerpete

purplepassengerpete Active Member

Very exciting day for SRT, but this only raises more questions on the future of Dodge. The discontinuation of the Grand Caravan and Journey eliminated 40% of the Dodge lineup. Not to mention they were both doing fairly well in terms of sales. Will we ever see a Journey replacement and other new models from Dodge? Is this the start of the rut that Chrysler has been stuck in?

#43 purplepassengerpete, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    HotCarNut and Archknight like this.
  4. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

Add in a 300 SRT and 300 hellcat and your well over 9000.

Deckard_Cain likes this.
  5. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Durango Dave!
    Level 2 Supporter

As others have stated, I am just happy that the interior has FINALLY been udpated/redesigned... The new grill is still too boy-racer for my taste, and no other exterior changes save for the rear spoiler??? Not even taillights??? And what's the cost? Are we looking at a $90,000 vehicle?

Deckard_Cain and Archknight like this.
  6. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Well jeep is 88k so i'd imagine so

Ryan likes this.
  7. Archknight

Archknight Well-Known Member

I don't like what I'm seeing, since we aren't getting any new models at all. They could have given us a new midsize sedan or CUV by now, since Alfa has their versions. It seems like FCA is just spinning their wheels and just focusing solely on Jeep. I'm disappointed that they only focused on putting out more SRT models, when it would have been beneficial to ar least have one shiny all new model to add to the lineup.

purplepassengerpete likes this.
  8. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

What sucks, is that we all now know they can make additional 10hp on Charger Redeye in the following model year.

9. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

I feel you. Right now, FCA is not,exactly, swimming in money, so they have to be very strategic on where they spend their investments. Chrysler has one viable car, and that is the Pacifica. They have spent good money on the Pacifica (All Wheel Drive and a refresh) and have ignored the 300. Dodge has only 3 viable models, Charger, Challenger and Durango, so that is where they are investing. Jeep and Ram are clearly the strongest brands and therefore have received most of the investments, which is smart. I wish FCA had more money and less debt, but that is not reality. I would love to see Chrysler and Dodge be as strong as Jeep and Ram. Me personally, I don't see Chrysler surviving too much longer. Dodge is dying on the vine.

10. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Please notify me when Chrysler or Dodge gets a new vehicle. Not something spruced up from a decade or more ago.

I'm sad to see my favorite two car makes continue to shed offerings. Goodbye Grand Caravan and Journey. You will be remembered for the great service you provided. GC, you will be remembered for being revolutionary, a first of its kind. Stow n go seating, Cheerio's in the car seats, soccer practice, and being overall a grand vehicle worthy of it's Caravan name.

#50 NWbyNW, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    somber likes this.
  11. dodge999

dodge999 Active Member

For who like cars/suv at 100k fine but myself I dont care about engine at 500 or 700 or even 1500 hp. Bring me a dodge suv based on the Stevio or a phev Compass and I will but it on a heart beat.

12. purplepassengerpete

purplepassengerpete Active Member

I'm still waiting for the Hellcat Widebody dual rear wheel edition!

Bajanbuoy and hmk123 like this.
  13. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Me, too! The Extra Widebody!

purplepassengerpete likes this.
  14. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

Only regret I had getting my 2019. Knew if we waited 2 years, it would be better. Couldn't do it. Almost did a GC for the interior. This looks great.

15. Mopar02

Mopar02 Mopar02

Wasn't the Durango supposed to get the etorque 3.6 and 5.7 engines from the Ram this year? Maybe they didn't see much of a fuel economy benefit over the standard ESS or maybe they're saving it for 2022MY?

16. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

I don’t think they will do it for MY22, since it will be the last model year for the current generation. It won’t be worth the certification.

Mopar02 likes this.
  17. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

Aaaah, so that's why they still felt it was worth it to update the interior. The Durango will last untill 2021.

18. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

No, it'll last through 2022.

The new body-on-frame Durango should be released as a 2023 model.

Deckard_Cain and Mopar02 like this.
  19. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I love the interior. I'm a little bit jealous because I considered waiting for a 2021 Durango R/T before I bought my Jeep. However, if I buy another FCA vehicle, I think a WL Grand Cherokee plug-in hybrid will be my choice...probably the second model year that it's available.

Can't wait to see the interior on the new Grand Cherokee considering how nice the new Durango interior looks.

Deckard_Cain and Devildodge like this.
  20. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

The Durango will survive, due to the fact that the Grand Wagoneer exist and you cannot justify an all new frame/architecture/platform for just one vehicle. So, the Durango moves up a notch. I wonder if Ram will get a Ramcharger on the full size platform? That would make 3.

Deckard_Cain and Mopar02 like this.