Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Mopar Pro Stock Driver leaving

Discussion in 'Motorsports / Racing News' started by Beentherebefore, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

2. stroudtom

Ad-Free Member

Maybe he's talking about KB racing.

3. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

“I like any make, any model as long as it’s fast," Kramer admitted. "So it doesn’t matter if it’s Toyota, Nissan, GM, Mopar. It doesn’t matter to me. I like it all."

Ok, bye! Don’t let the door hit you.

con383, DC-93 and hemirunner426 like this.
  4. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

There is nothing wrong with this statement. I actually agree with him and I do respect all brands.

The Hemi has been factored out... it is what it is.

Mike

5. prowler

prowler Member

Yes KB to add a fourth car and Kramer's driving it. Only one guy left with Dodge. That's Pernitsky (yes, I don't know exact spelling). But next year it's going to be an all Chevy/GM show. The switch to FI and RPM reduction along with the flat hoods favored the GM engine design enough to give them both a torque and HP advantage. AJ was getting close but that's about it. The Mopars are in need of a new cylinder head and that's probably not going to happen.

I cannot tell you how many years I've watched drag racing. But for the most part the class that did it for me was Pro-Stock. I for one will not have the same interest level. I'm not going to sit back and watch a sea of Camaros. The circus that surrounds TF and FC doesn't really have brand following. All they are any more is an act. Engines that are forced at such a level, it's just about luck if you see them go down the track twice in the same way. Their all nothing short of bombs ready to explode. At least PS has some real degree of actual drag racing regarding not only the drivers but the cars. I can't believe it's come to this once again, with the Mopars being on the outside looking in.

6. MPE426HEMI

It’s his choice to drive whatever he wants, no problem. If it’s not a Mopar, I could care less. It’s the same scenario as with the nascar Pinty series, no Mopar engines, then I’m not supporting it/driver. BTW, I don’t respect all brands and I’m not going to be PC about it at all.

Volunteer, con383, DC-93 and 2 others like this.
  7. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

That’s your choice. Not really my problem.

No one is asking you to be PC, however there are forum rules and being respectful is part of good fellowship per the rules of the forum.

If you have any issues, feel free to take it to PM.

Mike

8. Smitman

Smitman Active Member

Cant blame him for leaving Mopar when NHRA factors them out. Too expensive to not get to play on an even playing field. Promaro class will soon be dead....long live Factory Stock! Just think what NHRA could do with a promoted factory "Brand War" with factory Stock cars that actually have something in common with the street. Thats what was so exciting from the early days of Pro Stock, and could really build excitement for most of the racing public. But they need to keep the costs down or it to will get out of hand.

9. MPE426HEMI

Pfft....No thanks!

Volunteer likes this.
  10. hemirunner426

Level 2 Supporter

The thing is nowadays there is almost no brand loyalty.Everybody chases the dollar.

Let chevy run themselves,,as it is they run NHRA .Good riddance to pro stock,it was aberration anyway.

11. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

There were quite a few rumors going around for awhile that the Pro Stock class would revert back to something close to the Factory Stock class (with additional modifications allowed) but NHRA and many current PS drivers (including Allen Johnson) thought that fans would not get excited about the cars running only 180 - 190 mph when they were used to seeing 210 mph crossing the finish line. Personally, I'd rather see cars racing that are more like showroom stock and NHRA would need to expand that class to all of their national events (just 5 or 6 now) to really gauge fan interest. Mopar would again be behind, however, because they have been putting very little support behind the Factory Stock racing classes despite hyping their support of "sportsmen" when they dropped their support of the PS class racers. I have been an NHRA member for over 50 years and I recently wrote them that I have 0 interest in watching a bunch of Camaros race each other so I won't be spending 3 hours watching their TV shows just to watch Fuel cars, even if some of them do say "Mopar" on them.

#11 Beentherebefore, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Volunteer, Smitman and MPE426HEMI like this.
  12. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Hard to believe but I re-read his phrasing several times and am thinking the same thing. Line likes building different motors - his brother recently won Stock at one of the National events driving a 428" Mustang with a motor that Line built. IIRC, he also built a Hemi for someone to run in the "Hemi Shootout" a few years ago.

13. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

It does get tiresome, doesn't it?

Volunteer and MPE426HEMI like this.
  14. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

Far behind? Geoff Turk has the fastest factory stock eliminator car in the country and Dodge hold two other FS class records.

Geoff went 8.029 at 170.43 on October 19th with his FS/A Challenger Drag Pak and there is more in it. The engine was built by BES Racing Engines.

The car weighed 3,500 pounds and the minimum for the FS/A is 3,410. The car is normally setup to be 3,550 for the factory stock showdown.

Mike

Smitman and stroudtom like this.
  15. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

Development work of the supercharged Gen III Hemi used in NHRA competition is continuing steadily. I’m not at liberty to discuss details from the source but more testing will be occurring very very soon. Mopar is committed to Sportsman racers.

Furthermore, for quite some time, Mopar has been highlighting the results of Sportsman racers in the press releases issued after every race. They want class racers who do well to get recognition for their results.

Mike

#15 Mike V., Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  16. Smitman

Smitman Active Member

Great article about the state of Pro Stock by Jon Asher in recent Competition Plus if anyones interested.

17. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

Post a link.

Mike

18. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

If that's true, then it is very good news. However, I just checked the National records on the NHRA website and the fastest FS record they are showing (FS/AA) is David Barton's 8.10 @ 167.86 in a "Brand C" racecar. NHRA is slow to update natl records so I will keep checking the site. A record set on 10-19 might not have passed through their system yet. Was this an official record set at an NHRA track? I have seen nothing on the NHRA website or "National Dragster" about it or, believe me, I would have created a thread about it. Jeff Turk was posting on this board for awhile and I'm surprised that he or anyone else here hasn't mentioned it before. Blasting the FS/AA record out of the books by almost a tenth and 3mph is front page news for drag racing fans. The only other FS record that NHRA is currently showing as being held by a Dodge is FS/H held by Gary Robillard in an '09 Dodge.

BTW guys, while skimming the NHRA natl records page, I noticed that Steve Wann recently set a new record in A/SA with his '62 Max Wedge Plymouth (pictures of car recently posted on the NHRA historical thread). Steve ran a 9.74 @ 134.78mph for the official record which is flyin' for a first gen Max Wedge car.

#18 Beentherebefore, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Volunteer likes this.
  19. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

I don't get the press releases but if they (winners) make it onto the NHRA website or into "National Dragster", I'll post the news here. Been doin' it for over 5 years here (as you probably know) and for years before that on other racing boards. My fingers are itchin' to type some good news about winning Mopar sportsmen drivers.

Volunteer likes this.
  20. Smitman

Smitman Active Member

Mike it’s on my mobile email acct....how do I get it here? #techchallenged