Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody looking for a 2015 LDDE48?

Discussion in 'Police, Taxis, Ambulances, etc' started by peterjon1, Sep 8, 2016.

1. peterjon1

peterjon1 Well-Known Member

2. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

3. AdminDave

Staff Member

Cool.

Just one word of warning - know what you are getting.

Police Chargers have the five speed, not the eight speed; they feel sluggish compared with the eight speed cars, and get much lower highway mileage (4 mpg). They are quite attractive, but the seats will have a tougher covering for durability, and the suspension tuning is extremely stiff for maximum performance, so they are mildly punishing as daily drivers — at least in the ones I've driven.

4. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Agreed. My Challenger R/T felt like a limousine compared to my Magnum cop car.

AdminDave likes this.
  5. peterjon1

peterjon1 Well-Known Member

And the one I listed says it has vinyl floor covering, but the pics look like carpet.
    I wonder if the body has extra stiffening welds like they did back in the olden days.
    I remember when you used to get specially built motors, but that has probably gone away now with all the gov't regs.

6. JimVZ

JimVZ New Member

I have a 2016 Charger Pursuit listed for sale under "Cars for sale or swap". Quite comfortable but you can tell it's all heavy duty. As for mileage, I was out on the highway with it the other day and checked highway mileage, was getting 30.1 mpg. This particular car was ordered with NO speed limiter as well.