AF: Anyone Know How to Fix This? | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Know How to Fix This?

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by chuzz, Sep 24, 2018.

1. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, I'm on a nearly dead Caliber forum and we just had a new member post this question. I'm not familiar with a fix for it, so was wondering if any of you might know. Here's his post.

Hi Guys,

Peter from Melbourne Australia,
    2011 Dodge Clibre SXT 2.0
    Auto

Happy with car that Ive had for 6 months but the 6 stacker radio is now giving me grief, when I start the car the radio works for about 10 seconds, then looses volume, all buttons work can change stations and source Am/FM/CD but the volume control knob is frozen, there is no volume but I can turn the radio on and off with the same result as above.

Other then that its great little car.

Any ideas on how to fix short of upgrading?

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

There are 4 TSB's for radio software updates depending on the radio sales code. The latest and greatest update should address all past TSBs.
    Most address radio 'lock-up', muting (no volume) and freezing, etc. It might be the first thing to try as the radio wouldn't have to come out of the dash, but it would have to go to a dealer for the update service.
    A couple of examples of the TSBs:
    http://www.wkjeeps.com/TSB/tsb_wk_0800111a.pdf
    http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0802414.pdf

chuzz likes this.
  3. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Thanks, IC. I will relay the information to him and HOPE he posts back and lets us know if that works.

4. valiant67

valiant67 ...

RonGD likes this.
  5. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Got it, Mark. I'll also pass that along too. Thanks.