Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australian car industry completely collapses..no more production

Discussion in 'Auto News & Rumors' started by Fast Eddie, Oct 4, 2017.

1. con383

con383 Well-Known Member

That's a load of dung. Hooning is just a nick name some no name reporter thought up to justify a story on street racing which I believe is illegal in every part of this world.
    Cuv's and suv's as well as free trade brought an end to the local car industry.

2. con383

con383 Well-Known Member

Chrysler needs to act asap. Otherwise the asian makers will swollow up the rwd market. Kia is already at it with the stinger.
    Been harping about this since 2010 and all a get is " oh the market is too small." Grrrrrrr

somber and Shane Estabrooks like this.
  3. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

Below is the Australian guys post.

Hooning seems more serious there, leading to confiscation.

Thanks
    Randy

"Then there's our law enforcement. 30% odd of Holden sales were V8 cars. Ford sold a lot of performance models also. A lot of people who forked out 40+K to buy one of these cars, liked driving them spiritedly on the street, and even modified them for drag racing at the track. Our politicians and police here said otherwise, creating "hoon" laws, and giving cops the power to confiscate our cars for mere "hard acceleration", "wheelspin", or 30km/h over the speed limit. So that turned a lot of people off of buying new performance vehicles here. As soon as "HOON" laws came in, aussie cops were cream*** their pants, impound lots were full of modified fast cars, ricers, euro's, everything.

It all ties in together because the car scene what was once fun here, is now criminal here.

Back in the 90's we all had dual purpose drag cars on the street also, everyone kind of did what they wanted (within reason), and there were no problems. There weren't a million babies being mowed down and murdered.

When politicians here began to do what the fuc*** in the head Australian police force wanted, rather than do what's good for the country as a whole, they were no longer going to have new luxury/performance GM and Ford sales. I predicted that Holden and Ford here would close down years ago, soon after hoon laws were created. Because I could see what was happening on the streets.

The police here are not like in the USA. Most of them are absolute crying little bit***s that see ANY vehicle on the road that isn't a generic grocery getter, and they chase it and want it off the road. It makes them feel big and special to confiscate peoples cars. Safety my [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms], when it suits them they do 200+km/h on public roads....

The politcians should never have given ego driven wankers with huge chips on their shoulders (aussie cops), the power to be judge jury and executioner on hard working people who forked out $$$$ for cars and enjoyed a bit of decent acceleration now and again, not harming anyone. We're talking hitting the throttle from the lights a little, is enough they're allowed to confiscate your car here, and they do. All states.

Most people don't speak up about it, but I know it turned a lot of people off here from owning performance cars. One of the editors of Motor Magazine here moved to Italy just because he liked driving fast cars without being in hand cuffs, and couldn't do so here anymore. People who enjoy fast cars move overseas when they can just because of the vehicle laws here, let alone stopped buying/building performance cars.

It's not a money issue, it's a where you want to spend your money issue. The me of 15 years ago, pre "hoon" laws, would be very tempted to walk into a Holden dealer and buy a new $60,000 performance HSV. In fact, I did so back in 2002. And it ended up a head/cammed ls1 that did mid 11's @120 in the 1/4.

That was the last time i was going to spend money like that on a new performance car, after they made "HOON" laws. Holden/Ford and this country in general could get fuc*** thinking I'll give them money like that ever again after they allowed the cops to be able to confiscate our cars PERMANENTLY with no compensation for a little wheelspin or even just hard acceleration. Cops have confiscated peoples cars for losing a bit of traction on gravel turning out of a car parking area.

Maybe they've backed off a little on the public nowdays, because they realise they went too far, but it's too little too late. The mass cops in NSW commiting suicide because the public hates you and treats you like total sh**, what did you expect?!

Bearhawke and Shane Estabrooks like this.
  4. con383

con383 Well-Known Member

nice read far from the truth though

Devildodge likes this.