Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVS Ventshades

Discussion in 'Neon' started by prfizer, May 31, 2017.

1. prfizer

prfizer New Member

I've got a '96 Base Model Neon and want to install AVS Ventshades. Since there's no top channel on the door, they would have to be mounted on the roof, above the door. Has anyone installed these ventshades and possibly have pictures. I can't figure out how they would work and look. Thanks, Paul.

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. Does the Lund company provide installation instructions before purchase? They certainly should come with the kit.
    The rubber weatherstrip may pull down and the shades mount underneath the metal weatherstrip bracket?
    I'm only finding information on 2000-2005 with the full door frames.

3. prfizer

prfizer New Member

Thanks for the reply. I contacted Lund and they mount to the top above the windows, but they didn't have any pictures. I guess I'll just give 'em a try.

4. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

The rubber (#1) should pull down out of the retainer (#2). The screws (#3) are removed to loosen the retainer. I believe that the vent shades would fit under the retainer with the screws holding them in? Click for PL42 image:
    https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/images/parts/Chrysler/fullsize/00000H2R.jpg
    Then reassemble the weatherstrip. It should hold in with the lip in the groove. Silicone spray may help lube the rubber to ease assembly.