Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B van racing anyone?

Discussion in 'Vans' started by bguy, Oct 11, 2016.

1. bguy

bguy Well-Known Member

2. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Yeah. No kidding. I seen that awhile back. What solidified me getting my b van. Awesome seeing what they did with them though.

3. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

That's pretty neat. My first vehicle was a '72 B100 Sportsman slant 6 with 3 on-the-tree and 3.55 gears.
    I did put a 2-bbl and electronic ignition in it.
    I was much lighter than my friend's 6-cyl B-O-F pick up trucks, kinda like a unibody eggshell on wheels.
    It wasn't too fast, but it could eat their lunch and go places they couldn't. :D

DC-93 likes this.
  4. 52Dodgecoronet

52Dodgecoronet Active Member

I still have my B200 Sportsman SE camper van that I've owned since new. I've done some modest suspension mods to it, such as oversized Hellwig front and rear sway bars, faster Red Top (similar to Firm Feel) power steering box and braced and gusseted steering box mounts. It does corner surprisingly flat, but those big sway bars increase the overall spring rate so it rides a bit rougher than it did stock. The big sway bars help in crosswinds, too. These vans are called "Dajibans" in Japan, and I really like my Dajiban.

van.jpg

5. awyseguy

awyseguy Well-Known Member

I saw that awhile back and to go race a B-van would be a good enough reason to take a trip to Japan. Anybody can drive a sports car, a non driver could scrape off the door handles.