AF: B250 rear axle housing | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B250 rear axle housing

Discussion in 'Vans' started by vnw, Jul 12, 2015.

1. vnw

vnw Member

I have a 1990 B250 Leasure Travel conversion, Burned out RR axle bearing & axle shaft, I also have 1988 B250 (Insurance wright off) I was going to rpl axle bearings in the 1990 housing & use axle shafts from 1988, but found a lengthways crack in the axle housing tube right above were the bearing sits in the tube, I began looking for a used housing for the 1990 with the provision for the rear ABS sensor, but then got looking at the housing in the 1988 van. My concern is the wall thickness of the axle tubes on the two housings. The one in the 1988 has a noticeably heavyer axle tube than the one on the 1990. If I use the housing from the 1988 van I would not have the rear ABS but would have IMO, a stronger rear axle, which would be a good thing considering all the weight these camper conversion vans are asked to carry when loaded with fuel, water & supplies. Any coments or advise on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance........Vic