AF: Bad power steering leak | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad power steering leak

Discussion in 'A Body: Duster, Valiant, Dart, etc' started by Todd Russell, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Todd Russell

Todd Russell New Member

Already replaced both power steering hoses few years ago, now my '74 Valiant Brougham is leaking power steering fluid quite badly where the return hose valve body attaches to the steering box. Anyone got any home fixes without giving NAPA $55 for a master seal kit. I was told there's only an o-ring there and no gasket between the mating surfaces. So hows it leaking then? The bolts are plenty tight. This has been getting progressively worse for awhile now. Gotten ridiculous though as I have to fill the reservoir every time I go into town! Do I remove the valve body and look for something? Should I visit Pick-n-Pull? Any help or knowledge is appreciated- thanks!

2. CudaPete

Ad-Free Member

There are more than one o-ring in there. Take it apart and replace the o-rings.

3. dana44

Ad-Free Member

4. Todd Russell

Todd Russell New Member

Thanks, will check it out. Any idea where to buy just the o-rings?

5. 68RT

68RT Well-Known Member

Some places, like here in Seattle area, have places that deal in seals only. If not. you should have a bearing house that will usually be able to get seals to match yours.