AF: Been a while.... but just jumped back into the Mopar game | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been a while.... but just jumped back into the Mopar game

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by junkman, Dec 8, 2017.

1. junkman

junkman Well-Known Member

IMG_20171201_175801.jpg

2009 R/T, picked this up after spinning a rod bearing in a 2010 V6 Camaro. Camaro go bye-bye, this followed me home.
    Bought the Hellcat replica wheels the same day off Craigslist, $600 with tires (50% tread left on 2015 date coded Bridgestone Potenzas) because the stock plastichrome 18 inchers had beyond bald tires.

So far, after a week, I'm pretty happy with it. Going in Monday for the timing chain recall- somehow it's managed to live 88,000 miles without it failing. Getting the airbag recall done as well.

It's got the 6 disc/Sirius radio, no uconnect or touchscreen stuff. I'd like to add the touchscreen, but will probably go aftermarket Pioneer or Alpine with Android Auto- no need to buy nav maps.

I picked up a factory wing, but still on the fence about installing it. Definitely swapping out the grille though, doesn't quite work with the wheels visually.

Been a long time since I've been on this forum, I usually find the info I'm looking for here but haven't really had any good reason to post for a while. Probably pop in a bit more often now.

2. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Welcome back! Nice ride!

3. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

Thats got the 3.5 in it? automatic?

4. valiant67

valiant67 ...

It’s an R/T so it’s a Hemi. All Chargers are automatic, 5 speed NAG1 in this case.

MPE426HEMI likes this.
  5. junkman

Yeah, it's got a Hemi (best ad campaign ever)

After the Camaro, I'm all done with V6 cars.

6. pug-man

pug-man Well-Known Member

Great car....agree about the grill swap. I still miss my 08 AWD Charger......

7. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

8. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

I vote Daytona grill with r/t badge. I did with mine and I love it! Also, IMO, its not quite up badging. I also put in the lip spoiler, cause why not. I am wingless, just my taste I suppose. Would you try plasti dip for the grill? Might be a cheaper alternative?

9. junkman

THe chrome on this grill is in great shape, makes me wonder if it's been replaced. No accidents on carfax, but that doesn't mean a PO didn't do it.

There's a guy locally that has brand new grills in all factory colors for $150. I could go gloss black to match the wing, go color matched, or matte black. Got all winter to decide.

10. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

Nice ride brother!