Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been a while.... but just jumped back into the Mopar game

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by junkman, Dec 8, 2017.

1. junkman

junkman Well-Known Member

IMG_20171201_175801.jpg

2009 R/T, picked this up after spinning a rod bearing in a 2010 V6 Camaro. Camaro go bye-bye, this followed me home.
    Bought the Hellcat replica wheels the same day off Craigslist, $600 with tires (50% tread left on 2015 date coded Bridgestone Potenzas) because the stock plastichrome 18 inchers had beyond bald tires.

So far, after a week, I'm pretty happy with it. Going in Monday for the timing chain recall- somehow it's managed to live 88,000 miles without it failing. Getting the airbag recall done as well.

It's got the 6 disc/Sirius radio, no uconnect or touchscreen stuff. I'd like to add the touchscreen, but will probably go aftermarket Pioneer or Alpine with Android Auto- no need to buy nav maps.

I picked up a factory wing, but still on the fence about installing it. Definitely swapping out the grille though, doesn't quite work with the wheels visually.

Been a long time since I've been on this forum, I usually find the info I'm looking for here but haven't really had any good reason to post for a while. Probably pop in a bit more often now.

2. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Welcome back! Nice ride!

3. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

Thats got the 3.5 in it? automatic?

4. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

It’s an R/T so it’s a Hemi. All Chargers are automatic, 5 speed NAG1 in this case.

MPE426HEMI likes this.
  5. junkman

Yeah, it's got a Hemi (best ad campaign ever)

After the Camaro, I'm all done with V6 cars.

6. pug-man

pug-man Well-Known Member

Great car....agree about the grill swap. I still miss my 08 AWD Charger......

7. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

8. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

I vote Daytona grill with r/t badge. I did with mine and I love it! Also, IMO, its not quite up badging. I also put in the lip spoiler, cause why not. I am wingless, just my taste I suppose. Would you try plasti dip for the grill? Might be a cheaper alternative?

9. junkman

THe chrome on this grill is in great shape, makes me wonder if it's been replaced. No accidents on carfax, but that doesn't mean a PO didn't do it.

There's a guy locally that has brand new grills in all factory colors for $150. I could go gloss black to match the wing, go color matched, or matte black. Got all winter to decide.