AF: Belvedere buyouts | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belvedere buyouts

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Adventurer55, Jan 28, 2020.

1. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

Technology (read: gadgets), interior space and torsional rigidity.

2. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Where FCA ought to reduce personnel is at the Sticker Editions Department.

XRT2SRT, Bajanbuoy, UN4GTBL and 10 others like this.
  3. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Yes, because it takes on the look of a company trying to milk every last drop out of a product.

4. aldo90731

Yes. And spitting out endless variants devalues their individual significance.

superduckie5000 and Bajanbuoy like this.
  5. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

6. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Yeah, I'd be curious of that too. I would think the seating surfaces are leather, with the sides and back being vinyl? The base TH seats have cloth in the middle, with vinyl surrounding it.

I'd like it if they covered the storage area down by the front power plug and phone cubby, like the Grand Cherokee, and had red stitching on my steering wheel, but otherwise I think it's great.

7. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Thanks!

Agreed. We need LONG TERM thinking/planning here.

In the less than 2 years I've owned my KL, I've had my battery replaced twice, a coolant sensor twice, and now my tail lights a second time for moisture in them again.

page2171 and aldo90731 like this.
  8. ShawnP

ShawnP Active Member

How can a company build a vehicle like yours with numerous issues.

Then build my 15 Warren built Ram with zero issues.

Things that amaze.

9. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

Age discrimination is alive and well .

superduckie5000 likes this.
  10. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

What is it with FCA and their taillights ? All the Durango people are ticked because a lot of them are having to replace them for water in the racetrack lights and that assembly is almost a $1000 . These are LEDs , they cant be that tough to manufacture and make last the life of the car if they feel they have to get rid of a standard bulb . Stuff like this is not acceptable .

UN4GTBL, page2171 and thebluegoat like this.
  11. Adventurer55

Dave Z likes this.
  12. aldo90731

Still, those Lexus incentives are a fraction of those offered by the competition.

Mercedes, BMW, Land Rover and Infiniti’s use of incentives would qualify them to run the US Budget Office.

#32 aldo90731, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    Adventurer55 and UN4GTBL like this.
  13. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

The sad thing is, this seems like a dream compared to my Caliber. It's so weird going to the dealer so infrequently.

Realistically, the battery and tail lights aren't a big deal, but are just obvious cost cutting/poor design. Annoying, but I can deal with them.

The coolant sensor threw a CEL each time and gave me a very scary looking red error/warning message across my dash. The first time this happened was only a couple days before I had a long road trip, so you can imagine how my confidence was in it after that. Especially since I can't even clear the CEL myself because of the stupid security gateway.

Our '11 Caravan has had a few issues as well.

I'm looking at buying a Prius for my fiancée to replace her current one. This will be an interesting comparison in ownership experiences.

aldo90731 likes this.
  14. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

There's a Durango around here with the lower passenger portion of the racetrack that doesn't work. Whenever I see it, I feel bad.

...of course, I see several other new vehicles around with LED malfunctions too. Including Hyundais, Hondas, Toyotas, BMWs, Benzs and Audis.

And one of the issues we had with our '11 Caravan was a headlight assembly that went bad and got moisture in it. So it's not just an LED light issue.

15. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Look at the Corolla Hybrid as well as the Prius. It's the same car but with less weird styling inside and out.

Re the LEDs, yes, it does seem to be an industry wide problem, and no, it's not acceptable.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  16. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Agreed on the styling. I'd almost rather buy a 2014 or 2015 over a new one.

I should probably just look this up on their website, but the Prius is just useful because it's a hatchback. Don't think either of us could have a sedan now. But I have looked at the Corolla Hybrids.

#36 UN4GTBL, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  17. Adventurer55

I would imagine vibrations and potholes have a lot to do with it. With that said, I'm sure a premium price is charged by the vendor. The vendors need to step up and protect them better, or make them out of tougher materials. One thing that gravels me is the vendors are seldomly mentioned and the automakers are blamed. To me they share the blame and shouldn't be allowed to hide behind the automakers.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  18. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Vendors will make the product according to manufacturer specs. If the vendor is delivering a shoddy product, that's either because the manufacturer specified an inferior product, the manufacturer was too concerned with cost, or the manufacturer has a poor vedor/part qualification process. Or all of the above.

To me, the manufacturer selects and controls the vendor. I won't let a manufacturer off the hook for poor vendor choice.

XRT2SRT, SRTBrandon, UN4GTBL and 2 others like this.
  19. Adventurer55

Regarding the race track tail lights. They've been with us since 2014 I believe. Do later models fail at the same rate? Or is this more of an early model thing? An FCA company makes lights. Is this their company?

UN4GTBL likes this.
  20. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

Can't answer your questions, but I can say that well over 50% of the Durangos I see have a portion of the racetrack out. I was just being one on Sunday in our last snowstorm. That racetrack sure cut through the snow (which is something I love), but there was section on the lower right side that was out.

UN4GTBL likes this.