AF: Belvedere buyouts | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belvedere buyouts

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Adventurer55, Jan 28, 2020.

1. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

Interesting. I don’t see near that rate where I live in the PNW. Perhaps snow makes the issue worse.

2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

It is definitely cold weather related. I don't see the issue in Atlanta, but it is very common here is Pittsburgh.
    I'd say 50% of the Durangos I see have some sort of race track light issue, either a segment out or a segment dimming. The Darts that gort the race track lighting around here are even worse with huge segments not working.
    But yet, I don't recall ever seeing a Charger with an issue.

3. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

I've only seen Durangos with the issue.

jclick likes this.
  4. jclick

jclick Well-Known Member

same here. The only Chargers I see with LEDs out are really old ones.

Ryan likes this.
  5. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

Funny, I've never noticed Darts with the issue, only Chargers, Durangos and maybe ONE Challenger.

6. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Durango Dave!
    Level 2 Supporter

Wow.... I currently live in Arkansas, but lived in Fairbanks, Alaska for the previous 4.5 years. In Alaska there would be snow on the ground from as early as Mid-September all the way through May and -40 degree temps for weeks at a time... I have driven to various cities in Alaska, down through Canada, through the Mid-West, and all through several states of the South. My commute in Alaska was about 20 miles-Highway, and then on the road most days. My commute now is about 25-26 miles and a minimum of 30 minutes in a densely populated area of Arkansas... I have said all that to say, that I have seen Thousands upon thousands of 3rd Gen Durango's on the road and have only seen ONE that had a portion of the race-track lights out.

7. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I currently live right across the state border in Oklahoma in a really small town. There are at least three here with a portion of the tail lights out, probably more. I’ve seen quite a few in Fort Smith and Tulsa too. Odd because if this is a cold weather related issue, this area shouldn’t be especially prone to that.

8. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

OK, lets talk about parts quality.

I just had this happen again this morning, for the 3rd time in 10 months:

[​IMG]

It's likely the stupid coolant sensor again.

FCA, you're better than this, but this is likely going to be my last FCA vehicle, I'm getting fed up with this.

wtxiceman and gforce2002 like this.
  9. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

So this sensor has been replaced two times before?

10. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

Wow. Sorry to hear about this. My 2017 is still going great after that windshield leak (not a parts quality problem) was finally fixed. It's been good to me. It almost makes me wonder why I'm looking at a Gladiator today...

11. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Correct.

I'd like to ask for a STAR case to be opened this time, but not sure if that would be ok to do or not.

I've had a few issues - water in tail lights (replaced once, issue has reoccurred, waiting for parts), ESS stopped functioning (battery replaced twice), "over heating/no heat" (coolant sensor replaced twice, needs to happen again now), drivers seat tracks lubed (insufficient lubrication from the factory), off road pages still not delivered.

Disappointing :(

gforce2002 likes this.
  12. valiant67

valiant67 ...

@OfficialMopar maybe can help you?

13. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

Hmm. I wonder if that’s why the ESS seems to work inconsistently now in my Compass. If I go to the in cluster display it say that it’s not working because the battery is charging.

Lately, mine has been expanding its electronic glitches like randomly setting off the car alarm when opening the hatch first and the uConnect screen arbitrarily flipping from one screen to another without touching it. For some weird reason the oil consumption rate seems to have dropped, so at least there’s that.

14. Ryan

The ESS in my mom's Compass messed up too. I think they said there was something wrong where a sensor was thinking a door wasn't shut properly which was interfering with ESS operation. That was after the auxiliary battery was replaced.

She ended up buying a Grand Cherokee because there were a lot of little annoyances in the Compass (not all were defects - she also didn't like how small it was, the road/wind noise, and how little power it had).

Adventurer55 and gforce2002 like this.
  15. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

Yep, so I just had to go out for a bit with the Compass and sure enough the ESS is non-functional and consistently displays the “Batter Charging” message.

I’m starting to hope for a meteor impact hitting wiping out the thing. Without me in it, of course.

16. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Sadly, these issues are incredibly hard time track down sometimes.

gforce2002 and UN4GTBL like this.
  17. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Most times I intereact with an FCA social media account I get told they can't help because I'm in Canada, and I'm supposed to call the useless Canadian phone number where they basically just take a message and then nothing happens.

IF it still shows Battery Charging after a 30 minute drive, there's an issue with the battery most likely.

Sounds like a battery issue. FCA seems to have selected bad AGM batteries.

Messed up door sensor would show more issues than just ESS not working though right?

gforce2002 and tlc like this.
  18. Ryan

That's what I thought too.

19. aldo90731

2020 JL owners are having electrical issues where the warning lights come on brand-new Jeeps, and in some extreme cases owners lost all power while driving.

Dealers are finding issues with the auxiliary battery: loose auxiliary battery terminals, bad auxiliary batteries and defective auxiliary battery electrical wiring.

Has the dealer checked the auxiliary battery on your Compass?

UN4GTBL likes this.
  20. 66coronet

66coronet Well-Known Member

The Cherokee must have been doing very well in sales in order to make Hyundai to copy the look. A look, In my opinion, started with the Nissan Juke.
    2020 Hyundai Santa Fe [​IMG]
    2020 Hyundai Palisade
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Too bad management didn't put another body on the platform for Dodge with maybe less off road but still AWD and maybe a little more overhang for storage.
    Dodge Raider perhaps.

UN4GTBL and cdjr77 like this.