AF: Belvedere buyouts | Page 5 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belvedere buyouts

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Adventurer55, Jan 28, 2020.

1. valiant67

valiant67 ...

While the FCA Takata airbags didn't seem as dangerous, FCA still ended up with bad publicity over them. At the time I was living in Atlanta (one of the early target areas for the recalls) with a Dodge Magnum that was included in the recall.I never could get the parts.
    A local TV station kept featuring owners who could not get the parts, until the TV pressure the dealership then the parts were suddenly available.

2. LouJC

LouJC Active Member

That's the fallacy of depending on ONE supplier (Takata) for a critical component. They make a mistake or employees don't follow procedures it gets played out over thousands of units.
    My point about Toyota, is customers wind up feeling betrayed since they portray themselves as so much better than anyone else. FCA is not saying that.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  3. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

What if the 2 row Grand Cherokee becomes the Cherokee, and the 3 row version is the Grand Cherokee?? Cherokee is almost the size of the Grand cherokee anyway. Compass would move upmarket a tad bit

4. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

This could work if they made a longer Compass, just 6 inches would do the job. Not a 3rd row, just a bit longer wheel base to settle it down a bit along with a bit bigger rear storage area.

5. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

4, it must be 4.

And it must change rear suspension scheme.

But take into account that 2row Grand Cherokee will grow in size. IMO, up to 4" in wheelbase alone.