Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Stock Seat

Discussion in 'Neon' started by prfizer, Jun 13, 2017.

1. prfizer

prfizer New Member

I've got a '96 Base Neon with the confetti seats. I really dislike that they have no side bolstering. In you folks opinion, what are the best stock seats?

2. iNeon

iNeon Well-Known Member

1997-1999 sport buckets-- nice grippy velour, great padding(though I got rid of mine a decade ago and this might have changed by age)

And they're cute with the rainbow confetti pattern still-- but darker than your 96 model's other trim :/

3. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

The later 1st generation Highline and R/T Neons had better front seats than the early base models. The folding rear seat back could open to the trunk which gave lots more loading room. Look for good salvage yard Neon seats.
    I liked the contoured cloth seats with side support. My wife had a hard time getting in and out because the seats were so low.
    My mom had a '95 base, I had a '96 highline and my sister had a '98 highline.

4. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

The best "Neon" seats, though you have to skip to the next generation have to be the SRT-4 seats.
    I'd bet you could Google and see if they are an easy or hard swap into a first gen.

gminnebo likes this.
  5. pt006

pt006 Active Member

Good seats are like good shoes. What fits one person might not fit someone else. My 06 PT seats are cheap looking and stain easily, but my back is still good after a 2 hour ride. ----------- Priorities. ----------

AvengerGuy likes this.
  6. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Direct bolt in. Only issue is they don’t flip forward if installed in a coupe.

Mike

7. 71Charger_fan

71Charger_fan Active Member

The ones in my '04 R/T have been very comfortable for 13 years.