Allpar Forums banner

Big Canadian sales drop

3K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Ian 
#1 ·
#6 ·
So Caravan outsold Pacifica by over 20:1...
Pacifica + 2016 T&C sales don't even add up to 2015 T&C sales...
Yes, this is going to end well...

Dart and 200 both way down - funny what happens when the news is out that both are discontinued and no longer supported by marketing or dealers.

Journey has done well here but the model is getting dated and has been surpassed by almost every competitor. It hasn't had an update since 2011 and aside from minor tweaks the exterior is unchanged since 2009. FCA desperately needs to either get some new Dodge and Chrysler CUV's on the market or do a refresh on Journey. If they don't they're going to be done in the segment for those brands. No sedans and a 9 year old mid size CUV. Quite the competitive lineup.

#7 ·
So Caravan outsold Pacifica by over 20:1...
Pacifica + 2016 T&C sales don't even add up to 2015 T&C sales...
Yes, this is going to end well...

Dart and 200 both way down - funny what happens when the news is out that both are discontinued and no longer supported by marketing or dealers.

Journey has done well here but the model is getting dated and has been surpassed by almost every competitor. It hasn't had an update since 2011 and aside from minor tweaks the exterior is unchanged since 2009. FCA desperately needs to either get some new Dodge and Chrysler CUV's on the market or do a refresh on Journey. If they don't they're going to be done in the segment for those brands. No sedans and a 9 year old mid size CUV. Quite the competitive lineup.
Agreed.

The front end of the Journey, especially the headlights is just so dated now, it's crazy that the Charger was "all new" in 2011, and then had a significant refresh in 2015, but the Journey only got a (much needed) refresh in 2011. I'm not complaining about the Charger refresh, it's my favorite car from FCA, but the Journey sells significantly more (at least in Canada)

#10 ·
It is scary to see the amount of Grand Caravans they sell compared to the Pacifica/Town & Country. I'm afraid it wont be pretty for FCA when they drop the GC...but hey, if they can't make decent profit, well too bad for you, you should go somewhere else where they sell a vehicle you can afford...like some here would say. Pathetic.

A 2 billion dollar investment was done on a sedan (in a shrinking market...apparently) that is not even produced anymore...not even 2 yrs while the Journey, part of a hot market right now still sits on dealer lots, stale. Someone needs their heads shaken. The Town & Country was never a hot seller in Canada, nor was a Sebring/200. What makes them think that a Pacifica (priced in the same waters as the T&C) will sell well? A 200 selling more than the Avenger (which was popular here)

Cherokees, I see them everywhere and in higher trims too. Same with the Grand Caravan (why I keep saying that it doesn't just sell on price but on the more performance and aggressive look). I am seeing more and more Durango everyday.

FCA was the top seller last year. It's not anymore and without a Dart or 200...and soon the top seller gone, I see FCA behind GM and Toyota. We, Canadians love our Dodges but if the company has nothing to offer, well we're forced to shop elsewhere.

End of my morning rant!

#11 ·
It really is. Still has halogen reflector headlights with no option for projectors or HID's. Cripes even the Dart had projector headlamps.

It's just been around unchanged for way too long. From what I see on the streets the Murano and Rogue are doing gangbusters in this market.

I just wish to god someone at FCA would bother to patch the Journey 8.4n system so that the music player actually works with iOS10 (and 9 and 8 and 7). That's how dated the Journey is right now.
Yeah exactly.

Heck, even through new headlights on it, use the upper trim front bumper exclusively and update to the 8.4AN with CarPlay/Android Auto and it would at least be competitive.

At one point, the Journey was the #1 selling vehicle in it's class here, and one of the top selling in the country.

#13 ·
Yeah exactly.

Heck, even through new headlights on it, use the upper trim front bumper exclusively and update to the 8.4AN with CarPlay/Android Auto and it would at least be competitive.

At one point, the Journey was the #1 selling vehicle in it's class here, and one of the top selling in the country.
Not sure what I meant here, maybe "even put new headlights on it"

#12 ·
Agreed.

The front end of the Journey, especially the headlights is just so dated now, it's crazy that the Charger was "all new" in 2011, and then had a significant refresh in 2015, but the Journey only got a (much needed) refresh in 2011. I'm not complaining about the Charger refresh, it's my favorite car from FCA, but the Journey sells significantly more (at least in Canada)
Charger not all new in 2011. Still same old platform with a re-skin. Incentives will have to real big to keep them moving now that they have no other cars to sell and the model is so dated.

#19 ·
I've said it many many many times that the money should've been invested in the Journey instead of the 200. Keep the old 200/Avenger and update it instead. CUVs are the new trend and since people are moving away from sedans, why put so much money into a "dying" segment and let one of your only CUV get outdated on your dealer lots...

#17 ·
All that's really needed for the Journey is LED/projector headlights and racetrack LED tail lights. Heck, even do split racetrack lights like the Challenger that could fit in the current tail light cutout. Also a newer generation Uconnect screen could help.

That would freshen things up a bit since it'll be a while before we see a replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.