AF: Bluetooth Capability for 2012 Patriot Sport | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth Capability for 2012 Patriot Sport

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by TommyDodge, Mar 26, 2020.

1. TommyDodge

TommyDodge Well-Known Member

Linda is looking for a good alternative to be able to use Bluetooth for hands free phone use. Her last car before the Patriot had hands free phone built into it. Does Chrysler offer anything that would be the equivalent of what the newer models have built in? Linda mentioned a headset but my guess is that is not very safe either. Thanks in advance! TommyDodge

2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Chrysler offered hand free Bluetooth on the 2012 Patroit. It had been around several years by then.
    What radio is in the Patriot? There may be a three letter code, like RBZ, on the faceplate.

Mopar offered kits to add Bluetooth to many vehicles.

TommyDodge likes this.
  3. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

For our cars that don't have built-in bluetooth, we bought a transceiver that clips onto the visor, $30 at Walmart. Brand was GoXT. You pair it with your phone, and every time you get in the car, turn it on, and it will automatically pair. You can either set your phone to auto-answer, or just push one button on the transceiver to answer the phone, and the same button to hang up. Built-in speaker. Works great and is rechargeable with a USB cable. Powers off automatically if no bluetooth connection within 1/2 hour.

#3 Bob Lincoln, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    TommyDodge and Doug D like this.
  4. TommyDodge

The radio is an am/fm/cd player and I plan to check both the C/D/J dealership and also Walmart. I told Linda about the 2 options and she asked that I look into each one. She is the guru of technical stuff as she is the office manager and accountant of the place she works in and has been there since June 1, 2000. I appreciate the responses and I am hoping that the dealership will have some info on what they might offer. I was able to convince Linda that Chrysler produces a better product than Nissan does(she has had Nissans for over 20 years) and that the Jeep was good fit compared to the Nissan Rogue Sport which she had been driving. I think the Patriot to be easier to get in and out of and I enjoy driving it. The Rogue sport I had trouble getting in and out of, but never drove it. I think that the Patriot Sport is a nice vehicle and wish that it was still available for sale. Thanks again! TommyDodge

5. valiant67

valiant67 ...

The AM/FM/CD player radio was available with or without Bluetooth.
    I assume there is no phone symbol on the steering wheel or radio, or it may already have the feature.

6. TommyDodge

Went to local dealership and the factory radio is such that they couldn't do anything to help. Wound up buying a piece that plugs into cigarette lighter and also the aux plug on the radio at Wally world. The reception is lousy but for $18.00 I cannot complain much. The Lady friend was laid off Friday because of all the hysteria that the sky is falling and at age 66 and the financial condition of the place where she had worked two months shy of twenty years being in such poor shape before everything that has happened in the past month and a half, she may be done working anyway. Thanks TommyDodge

7. Jerry Simcik

Jerry Simcik Well-Known Member

There are kit available from Mopar that add Bluetooth to these radios, but they are relatively expensive compared to aftermarket solutions. I'm surprised your dealer did not mention the Mopar kits???

You can read more about them here.

Aftermarket may be a better solution in this case however?

Also, Bluetooth headsets are VERY affordable these days, sound great, and are portable for use anywhere - not just in the car. If she is not happy with the sound or quality of the current system, I'd suggest she get a headset and forget trying to make anything work with the car.

TommyDodge likes this.