Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought a 2015 Charger

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by DarkSky, Aug 31, 2016.

1. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

I just traded in my 2013 Challenger for a 2015 Charger SXT. It is basically loaded and only has 3k miles on it. It has the Premium Group with Heated/Vented Seats, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Departure, Navigation, Beats Sound System, a memory seat, and pretty much every other interior feature aside from a sunroof. It is Bright White with a black painted roof and Black/Pearl interior.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Since I am a senior in high school, this will be the car that gets me through college. My payments only went up slightly from the Challenger, so I figured why not go for it since I get 4 doors, better fuel economy, and a whole lot of other features. Only things I have to do to it are have the front windows re-tinted to match the rear and get plugs for the front license plate holes, but it's a seriously great feeling to have a vehicle that came from the factory with everything you could ever want.

Looking forward to learning about all the safety stuff it has, as well as owning my second Mopar vehicle!

#1 DarkSky, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  2. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

Few more pictures.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

AvengerGuy likes this.
  3. somber

somber 370,000 miles
    Level III Supporter

Looks nice. You are going to love the vented seats on hot days. My first 2015 Charger SXT was white with the black/pearl seats also - I ordered it that way. I only drove it 3 months before it sacrificed itself to keep me safe in a major collision. I was so impressed with the safety features that I bought another 2015 Charger SXT (this one black with black interior) to replace it when the insurance check came. My commute is a 70/30 mix of hwy/city driving, and I'm averaging above 28 MPG.

DarkSky likes this.
  4. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

Be careful with those white seats after a party.

DarkSky likes this.
  5. LouJC

LouJC Active Member

And as far as tinting the front windows, keep in mind in some states any front tint is illegal. The previous owner of my 07 Jeep had tinted the fronts to match the rears and I wound up removing it. I liked it in summer but at night you really can 't see to the sides in dark neighborhoods when turning into dark street. A hazard!

6. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

Yes, I'm aware but I will risk it. My Challenger tint was extremely dark as well. The Chargers and 300s both look great with very dark windows in my opinion.

7. LouJC

LouJC Active Member

Got pulled over 2x because of it, first time got a warning, second time got a ticket that was cancelled when I showed them I had it taken off!
    More important, it could cause a serious accident if you don't see someone stepping off a curb on a dark street when you are turning left.
    Modern cars in general, are safer than the cars I grew up (1970s) with except for one thing, outward visibility. We have gone backward in this regard. Our 2 older vehicles, (1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 1998 Subaru Legacy wagon) have considerably better visibility than my 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

wolfsblood07 and voiceofstl like this.
  8. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work...
    Ad-Free Member

This Charger is pretty damn unique. R/T wheels, a non-OEM spoiler, and I have never seen that interior before. I really like it.

9. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

Thanks! The wheels are included with the Premium Group and I am 99% sure the spoiler is one from a 2014 Charger R/T, if not then it is very similar. When I saw that it was arriving at the dealership I wasn't expecting a spoiler but I was pleasantly surprised!

10. BobbiBigWheels

Ad-Free Member

I think you're right about the 14 spoiler, that is for sure the same styling (however I wonder if they mount the same). The wheels being a part of Premium Group must by a USA thing, as in Canada those are exclusive to an R/T. Have fun buddy, and keep it in Sport mode ;)

11. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Beautiful Charger! Enjoy! These cars really stand out. Just say No to boring cars...

AvengerGuy likes this.
  12. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

Spent a few hours detailing today.
    IMG_0841.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    Still loving everything about the car.

BobbiBigWheels, Dave Z and somber like this.
  13. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

14. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

Dodge-Charger-2011-1600-0e.jpg
    This is the spoiler from the previous Charger model, looks identical to me. I haven't seen one before on a 2015 though. It was very unusual to see one come into the dealership with the spoiler I wanted even though the model wasn't originally offered with it. Felt like it was "meant to be" or something.

15. saltydog

saltydog Well-Known Member

Very Nice!

16. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Active Member

To me, even the base model (SE) Charger is a good-looking car. But I've got to say that yours is REALLY NICE! It's got me to thinking about the possibility of ordering a new Charger exactly as I want one. The black/pearl interior is nice, and I hadn't seen that before. And, what really intrigues me is that Houndstooth seats are available on the 2017 models. The first of my (4) 1973 Rallye model Chargers had the Houndstooth seats, and I very much liked that option. Don't think I've ever seen another 1973 Charger with the Houndstooth seats. And, a close friend with a 4-speed , 1973 Z-28 Camaro had one with the Houndstooth seats.

17. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

I definitely would recommend a Charger to you. I am even satisfied with the V6, probably more than I would have been with the Hemi because I get 6 extra MPG and a quieter ride. It's really a do-everything car. It is very comfortable on long trips and it looks and drives sporty. I loved my Challenger, but I'm so glad I upgraded to a Charger.

18. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Senior in high school? Wow! What are the insurance rates on that Charger, if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking of trading my 2013 200 and would love a Charger. No hemi. I've outgrown the need for speed. Kind of. I still have my 03 PT GT when I want to go fast!

19. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I guess I should have been clear. I haven't seen a '15 with that spoiler.

DarkSky likes this.
  20. BobbiBigWheels

Ad-Free Member

Bought the Hemi for the noise ; )