Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought a 2015 Charger

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by DarkSky, Aug 31, 2016.

1. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

Yes. I do love the quiet cruising of my car but my next one will be either a 6.4 or whatever turbo V6 replaces that engine in the next generation Charger. Hope the V6 is related to the Giulia's 2.9 - that engine is a beast in power and sound.

I'm happy for now though, the extra fuel economy is especially useful to me right now.

2. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

I've done a couple things to my car. I put the 2017 Dodge "war stripe" center caps on my stock wheels. I also ordered 1" wheel spacers so the stock wheels are more even with the side of the car instead of being recessed into the wheel well. CQuartz ceramic coating is on the way along with all the other supplies I need to put it on. I have to say, I'm really excited about the coating. It won't be difficult to apply and the added protection and shine will be nice. I'll post updated pictures after the spacers and Cquartz are put on.

sickboy likes this.
  3. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

Let us know your experience with cquartz. I've done mine and have mixed reactions. There are some spots that did not buff off as I wanted, and the residue left seems permanent. I will retry when I get 4 or 5 hours to myself.

4. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

I'm going to set aside at least two days, one for prep and one for applying it. The good thing is my car is white so it won't show any residue as bad as other colors, but my black painted roof could be interesting.

5. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

In addition to a burnedout light, tinted windows beyond factory tint are an easy pull-over by the police on your way home from the club at 1:00 am.

6. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

I've got 5% all the way around and 30% on the windshield. Police around here are very lenient on that kind of thing since it's a small town.

I've thought about getting the side windows redone at 10% or 15% since they're hard to see out of at night right now.

#26 DarkSky, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  7. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

Got my wheel spacers on and it looks amazing, so happy. Just enough to make it look slightly wider and more aggressive. I don't have a comparison picture but it's definitely noticeable, to me at least. Most people probably wouldn't even notice...

The Cquartz will be here Monday and I'll put it on next weekend.

(excuse the dirty car, it's been raining and I live on a dirt road)

[​IMG]

#27 DarkSky, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  8. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

Again, muddy car because it's been raining but you can see the improvement in the stance much better in this picture.
    [​IMG]

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  9. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work...
    Ad-Free Member

Welp. You're making my wallet open up for mine...

DarkSky likes this.
  10. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

@sickboy Just finished applying Cquartz. Didn't have any issues buffing it off. Prepping the car did take a long time though since it has to be 100% totally clean and free of contaminants. All in, took about 10 hours.

11. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

I only noticed my flaws weeks after. However, i see some put on 10 coats. Way too rich for my blood, way too much time. But, as far as water beading, It's still doing well. I have never applied wax to my paint, and it's been a very wet year so far, beading like a fresh coat. Please keep us informed when you think of it, the real life info is invaluable

DarkSky likes this.
  12. wolfsblood07

wolfsblood07 Active Member

Regarding insurance rates, I recall in the early 90s the car models likely to be hit with a surcharge were sporty models like Camaro, Firebird, Mustang, 240X, MR2, Excel, and a few others like Volkswagen and Suzuki Samurai. On the other end of the spectrum for low insurance rates were "safe and sensible" cars like most Buicks, Cadillacs, Dodge and Plymouth sedans and minivans, Crown Victoria, Caprice, Taurus, Camry, Accord, etc. So in 2017 would a Dodge Charger, which is a big sedan, be less expensive than average to insure for young people?

13. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

Insurance rates went up from my 2013 Challenger to my 2015 Charger. Could be because it's newer and more expensive, but I wasn't expecting that.

wolfsblood07 likes this.
  14. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

Here it is a few hours after I put the coating on:
    IMG_36832.jpg

I rinsed it off this morning with only water at the car wash and it beaded nicely and ended up looking very clean, even without using soap. Bugs on the front came off easily and so did the road tar on the side (they're redoing some of our roads). Impressed so far.

somber and Cody's Car Conundrum like this.