Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake pad code?

Discussion in 'Dodge Journey' started by cjben, Jun 14, 2014.

1. cjben

cjben New Member

Can anybody tell me where to find the brake code on 2012 dodge Journey? I didn't even know there was such a thing until I tried to buy brake pads for the rear of of a friend's 2012. I know I can take the pads off and take them to the parts store to match them up,but she doesn't live close to town and want to have all the parts when I get there. The parts store manager said it would be in the glove box somewhere,but her son can't find it anywhere. He works at the parts store,so he should know somewhat of what he is talking about.lol A google search turns up absolutely nothing. thanks for any help!!

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

The brake pad (sales) code would be specific to the VIN. I don't know if you will find written anywhere on the car. Did the parts store give you a choice between 2 codes (BR3/BRF)? One may be for FWD and the other for HD or AWD. All I could find was that both codes were for '4-wheel disc and ABS'. They would all be ABS nowadays.
    A VIN look up at a dealer parts counter would tell you what the vehicle came with. While there, see if there are any TSB's or extended warranties on possible Journey rear brake wear coverage. How many miles are on this one?

3. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Brake pad code? They are just brake pads. The choice you might have to make is whether to get semi-metallic or ceramic. If you are doing the rears you'll need special took kit for pushing the rear caliper piston back in. AutoZone and Advance Auto has it available in their loaner program. The caliper piston has to be rotated as it is compressed.

4. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Rockauto.com lists two different rear brake pads.
    One brand lists for SXT and Canadian Value with 305mm rear discs vs. Crew and R/T with 328mm rear discs.
    Another lists by the brake codes, another by rotor size in English, etc.