Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brakes

Discussion in 'Daytona and Laser' started by Bob ONeill, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Bob ONeill

Bob ONeill 325,000+ miles and counting...
    Level 2 Supporter

Hi all. Long time no type.

Recently I had a situation where my Daytona would have a hard time launching or even rolling after a stop.

Turned out that the driver's side caliper was frozen. After changing it, it wouldn't bleed. The hose was plugged up as well. Changed both and voila, no more issue. It is so nice to be able to drive the care 'normally' again.

valiant67 and Doug D like this.
  2. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

I decided a while ago, between the age of the car and the effort already needed, if I replace a caliper, I replace the flex hose, also. Glad it worked out.

3. Bob ONeill

Bob ONeill 325,000+ miles and counting...
    Level 2 Supporter

Yep, Rockauto.com...

A pair of calipers loaded with pads.... $14.00
    Rotor ... $12.00 each
    Hoses... $3.50 each

With shipping... $63.00 ish.

4. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

I have to be careful with them, now. They've given me the wrong part 3x in the last two years. One was the wrong brand of fuel pump (they send one that was $30 less, and since they couldn't guarantee that I'd get the one I wanted, I had to push them to get the $30 refund. Then they sent the wrong locking ring on a Daytona fuel pump, so I had to re-use the old one. Last week they sent the wrong EGR valve. It was for the non-turbo. I ordered the part they said was for the turbo, and the shipping sheet calls it out. So I looked at the non-turbo listings, and one brand's photo was for the non-turbo and one for the turbo. Different parts.
    I've been stocking up on parts that are going away, when they're cheap, to have for the life of the car.