AF: Brands of Gasoline | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brands of Gasoline

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by dodgeismycar, Aug 2, 2020.

1. fast98dodge

fast98dodge Totally Spent
    Level 2 Supporter

I use non-ethanol 92 octane in my 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody.

2. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

I would tend to agree with that. Particularly with all the mopars I’ve owned over the years. The only time I had fuel issues with a Mopar was from a local Citgo station years ago. Don’t know if it was from the cold winter weather or this station gas had poor equipment but the the water in the gas really messed with my 78 Challenger.
    FWIW Dad’s favorite engine was a 383 2bbl. He hated to have to run premium in his cars. That motor could run all day on the cheapest gas available. Our 63 Chrysler wagon dragged seven people and a travel trailer across the Rockies, down the PCH and through the deserts of Ca. and Az. without overheating or even one ping sipping on Gulftane!
    My 16 Hemi charger ran fine on any octane however the BMW with a twin turbo really runs best on Shell 91 premium with 0% ethanol.

3. 383/330

383/330 Member

All gas is the same except for the additive package.

Ernesto likes this.
  4. Ernesto

Ernesto Active Member

I was on the scene in Lake Charles circa 1995 when the joint venture Pennzoil-Conoco refined the first Group 2 motor oil base stock. Looked like a glass of ice water at Denny's. All junk was removed.

Pennzoil used their exclusive additive package with Z-7. The Pennz was noticeably darker than the Conoco. A few years later, all conventional oil bottles had the same base stock, different additive package.

Pennzoil called their new oil Purebase, Conoco Hydroclear. No other bottler ever bothered to adopt a special name after everybody went to the new Group 2 and Group 2+ base stocks.

When Shell bought Pennzoil in 2002, the first Shell did was trash the package with Z-7. Conventional Pennz got lighter in color. Actually Pennzoil bottles contained Shell after 2002.