AF: BREAKING NEWS: 2019 Jeep Cherokee - Ordering is now OPEN!!! | Page 4 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BREAKING NEWS: 2019 Jeep Cherokee - Ordering is now OPEN!!!

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Mike V., Nov 8, 2017.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

BobbiBigWheels and Ryan like this.
  2. Orsalak

Orsalak Active Member

Leaked from the begining. Like everything about the vehicle except the sunroof. If it is up to me I would never get a sunroof because, why, what purpose does it serve, but my wife had to have one and now it leaks. I am sure my vehicle is an odd ball but if you go to the Journey forums people have a lot to say about leaking roofs.

Deckard_Cain likes this.
  3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

After having on in my 2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi, 2010 Mercury Milan Premier and my 2014 Dodge Charger R/T AWD I would never have a car if it didn't have a sunroof. I have never (knock on wood) a problem with any of my factory sunroofs. Nor in any of my families vehicles, which include a 2012 Dodge Journey Crew, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 2009 Mercury Milan Hybrid and another 2014 Dodge Charger R/T AWD.

Check with your dealer if its still covered.

rapidtrans, Ian, Orsalak and 2 others like this.
  4. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

Ugh, I hate sunroofs to be honest. But that's because being six foot tall they take away head space.

5. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

I tried a pre 15 Challenger with a sunroof and there wasn't enough headroom, although it was a pretty good buffer for my bald head the bumps were a killer...

6. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

That's all good to hear

Yeah, I remember sitting in a Caliber SRT4 with a sunroof and having my head brush the ceiling constantly. In my Caliber (without a sunroof) I have acres of headroom.

In the Cherokee, the front seat is no problem with a sunroof, but the back has reduced head room with a sunroof, so that's my concern. I don't want people's heads rubbing against the roof, and getting it dirty lol

wilbur, Zagnut27 and somber like this.
  7. tlc

tlc Well-Known Member

I have a sunroof on my '96 Avenger. Sits outside and no leaks. Have a sunroof on my '16 Dart.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  8. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

@UN4GTBL
    My THawk has the pano-roof, i like it.
    However my wife doesn't. Its a personal thing.
    When we drive together - it was open on the way there, so i get to close it on the way back is often expressed. That level of fairness is only given if my honey-do list is up to date.

Some people find it distracting while driving. Sun behind trees will create a strobe effect.
    No leaks with mine, its new though.
    More road noise than model without.
    It does creak, i'm the only one that notices however.
    left open while parked in summer will create a very warm vehicle fast.

Get the cold weather pkg., and remote start. Parked for two weeks outside at Pearson last winter, totally encased, two inches of ice aside from the snow. Wife and 2yr old started it from the shuttle while i unloaded bags. Driver couldn't believe how fast the ice started dropping off, said he'd been breaking ice for people all day and never went so fast. Full in glass heated windshield would be even better if available.

somber and UN4GTBL like this.
  9. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Thanks! Appreciate it. I'm aware of the heat in the summer, and I'd get the glass tinted to help cut down on that.

Remote start is so very useful after ice storms/snow storms for the reason you just mentioned. I still remember that ice storm a few years ago, where all the vehicles were just coated with ice. I went out after it was all over, and could hear my neighbours scraping their cars, but where I had remote started our van, it was nice and warm already, and didn't require any scraping off. That moment proved it's usefulness for me up here.

somber likes this.
  10. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

Few other general comments.

Yes, tint windows. Mine came extra tinted and happy about it.
    Sunroof does reduce headroom in the back. i'm 6,2''
    Cherokee backseat is small, real small. Long trips its better for wife to drive and i sit with my daughter as i'd have the seat back to far.
    Trunk although small (discussed a lot) hasn't been an issue for us (family of 3) even with huge stroller and cottage stuff.
    Wife loves maneuverability downtown. I find it shockingly maneuverable. I use my 170" wheelbase RAM mostly so opinion is tainted.
    Has been great in Muskoka snow squalls and unassumed deep snow roads.
    Logging trail driving, i wish tires had some side armour for TH trim.
    Only package i didn't get but wanted was tow package. It would be good even when not towing i believe.
    Tranny not bad, just not consistent. Even noticed by passengers, not a performance issue however.
    V6 a must IMO, or wait for Hurricane.

Not good Hurricane is not available at launch. Styling is personal. I like the current TH and would take advantage if i could find a big discount as it appears not a lot is mechanically new till new motor. Or unless tranny change/update is here.

#70 hotmach, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  11. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

I'm 6'2" as well, so I noticed the lack of headroom in the back with the sunroof too. Although, I found the back seat to be better than I expected otherwise. I can easily sit behind myself.

I'll be ordering with the V6 (don't want the 2.4, and the 2.0 will be a first year motor) and the tow package.

12. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

Wow, how do you do that ? If adjusted for 5,1'' wife in back, i bash my knees on dash/headlight knob, worrying i'll break it off. Also, she often complains after i drive it has been unknowingly turned, finds herself driving with no headlights. Could never sit behind myself ;)

To bad the 3.6L didn't show.

BTW edit/added a few things to last post.

#72 hotmach, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  13. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Agreed, would have been nice to see the 3.6 appear.

As for sitting behind myself, I don't know, but it was one of the things that really impressed me about it, back when I test drove one in 2014, and whenever I drive one since. Maybe I sit closer to the wheel than you? I can set the front seat so I can push the brake pedal to the floor and can sit behind myself just fine. I actually find the rear seat to be more comfortable than the one in the Grand Cherokee, because it's up higher than the JGC seat bottom. I think my only other complaint was the that steering wheel doesn't come down enough for me, feels like it's angled a bit more than I'd prefer. (I assume you have the back seat pushed all the way back?)

What year is yours? I've heard the 2017/2018s have been much better transmission-wise.

14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

I am 6'1 and sunroofs always add room for me... look at my Charger...

20171109_110323.jpg

Deckard_Cain likes this.
  15. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

Haha multi tasking forum with emails. See new edit, part didn't load for some reason, cleaned things up.

Mine is a 2017, got it last Feb. "Inconsistent" i use to describe best, not bad though i guess. Wife is not a driving enthusiast, has commented on shifting many times, not prompted. Was apparently flash updated. Drove many models/years prior to purchase trying to get the right transmission and/or flash. Its so hit an miss, sad and ridiculous really. So much so we nearly didn't purchase. Durango was best value for us, and didn't have the 9spd factor. It was to big for wife as daily driver maneuvering downtown, it's large driven empty 70% of the time. We started looking outside FCA and discovered a lot of very competitive product. TH for up north and only available v6 was the hook.

Keep checking your lights are on !

Agreed, seat are comfortable.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  16. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

I hear your comment.
    However sit in the back of a Cherokee, pano frame runs through your forehead ;)

UN4GTBL likes this.
  17. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I’m 6’5 and the sunroof in my Charger isn’t a problem.

18. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

Charger sunroofs ?
    Wasn't the topic Cherokee sunroofs ?
    Not all are created equally guy's

UN4GTBL likes this.
  19. Ian

Ian Car Freak

I'm with you, I would never have a car without the sunroof. If I don't see it, I literally walk past the vehicle. I never had any issues with leaks. I'm 6'2 and never had any headroom issues except my '04 300M, I had to incline the seat a bit more but still good.

20. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Yeah, it all depends on where the frame is.

Cherokee without a sunroof is not an issue.

I'll probably end up flipping a coin to decide lol