AF: Bristol Brigand V8 Turbo | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bristol Brigand V8 Turbo

Discussion in 'Outside North America' started by Star Car, Feb 6, 2020.

1. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

Walt, your post reminds me of an experience with a 1980 Cadillac Digital Electronic Fuel Injection.

The owner asked me to drive it for a few days to see if I could figure anything out.

I had no EFI experience but thought perhaps I could learn something while driving a nice car.

The local GM dealer wouldn't look at it but gave me access to their service manuals.

I'll never forget the diagnostic procedure in the Cadillac service manual back then:

Remove air cleaner, observe fuel spray while idling and compare with a properly running Engine!!

Oddly, on Cadillac's, DEFI meant throttle body injection and EFI meant port injection.

It ended up the A/C system was slightly low on Freon and this caused erratic running.

Thanks
    Randy

Dave Z likes this.