Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car ads in the 40's and 50's with midgets.

Discussion in 'Other classic cars' started by voiceofstl, Oct 3, 2017.

1. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

I was looking at the storys here on Allpar about the old Dodges and Plymouths and it llooks like from the pictures of the cars the average height of the American male in 1954 was around 4 foot 8. the people are drawn so small that the cars look huge!
    Even for the 50's it look like blatent false advertizing
    Question: In the modern age with photos and video do the car companys use smaller models with the cars?

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

It was false advertising and psychological suggestion. Social status was very dependent upon the size of your automobile. Everyone (it seemed) yearned for a large car. Bigger was better until the compact era of around 1960.

3. Lee N. Burns

Level 2 Supporter

Received this as an email, but thought it fit well here. Definitely some food for thought...

------------------
    [​IMG]

It is now well within the power of Science and Evolution to control the size of the population... And by size, I don't mean volume or numbers, but literally the size of human persons. Let me propose a scenario (I'll use round numbers to keep the math simple.)

Human size/height has been trending upwards for many decades now. Some of this is due to womankind's self-deprecating attraction to taller men. Meanwhile men retain a preference for shorter women, making the problem even worse as procreation occurs more often with shorter women. Pardon the pun, but even this rampant, misogynistic, sexism problem is DWARFED by the strains put upon our delicate Earth by physically larger humans.

Therefore I propose this... By the year 2020 (or immediately following the proposed constitutional convention) all residents of the former Hawaiian islands shall be re-located to the mainland United Federal Republic (UFR). Soon after, men residing in mainland UFR who have attained a height over 5'6" (and women over 6-feet) shall be interned on the now-vacant island. They will of course be treated humanely; given a lifetime of UFR-provided shelter, food, piƱa colada, cell-phones, mass-transportation tokens, etc. But they must remain on the island. As a test of public acceptance, I'll mention that I am 5'11" and would be perfectly willing to relocate, provided my needs are met as specified above and that my shelter is at least 1800 sq. ft., 4-floors above ground level with an ocean/beach view. Once that unfortunate re-location business is handled, our Type One society will begin to reap the rewards in the mainland of the UFR.

Right off the bat clothing will get smaller; reducing the need for water-intensive cotton crops. Even nylon baseball jackets will require reduced amounts of base-material petroleum. Of course savings are across the board, regardless of material as large and extra-large sizes disappear from store shelves. However by generation 10 or 11, the brilliance of this plan kicks into high gear... You see, every 10 years we have reduced the Height Evolution Level Plan (HELP) by 3". For example in 2040, men over 5-feet will be required to intern themselves in Hawaii. (By then we'll have also eliminated any height disparity with women; along with the concept of sexism.)

If the current (2015) average adult male is 6' (again, for the sake of round numbers), by 2217 it should be about 3-feet. That means a 500 sq. ft. house effectively feels like 1000. A Chevy Sonic feels like a Suburban. An acre of farmland feeds twice as many people. If our founding fathers had only thought more along such lines, by now there would be no need to supersize anything at McDonald's.

I could regale you with further examples, but I'm sure you get the idea. Do I even need mention how well this plan addresses the "settled science" of climate change? However, you might not be considering the tremendous opportunity for jobs-creating public works projects as roads are narrowed, bridges are lowered, 1/2 floors added to large government buildings, etc. Feel free to propose this idea during the second Bill of Rights discussion at the constitutional convention. Thanks for reading and looking forward to a small world afterall!

Live long and prosper,

4. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

By then I will get that fiat 500.