Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carlisle 2017 - anyone going?

Discussion in 'Meets and Shows' started by Bob Lincoln, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

I"m hoping to attend as usual. Dave, will you be able to make it this year?

Attendees need to make plans soon, hotel rooms will be going fast.

2. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Been thinking about this since the day 2016 was over. Now with the demon coming, I will be making sure I atleast make Saturday. Got to see if we are camping or not. Maybe, get a chance to meet some more members.
    A member helped me out with some tailights last year. This is a great site and Carlisle is a great time.

3. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

100 years of Ram trucks,
    R/T 50TH ANNIVERSARY,
    GTX 50TH ANNIVERSARY,
    PANTHER PINK / MOULIN ROUGE (FM3) CELEBRATION,
    DODGE IS TURNING UP THE HELLCAT FEVER
    Free Rides in a Hellcat Return

4. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Haven't seen anything about any celebrities this year. Catherine, Tom, and Richard were very popular last year. Hard to top them.

5. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

Got to meet the event coordinator, ED BUCZESKIE, when he was in town for the Detroit Autorama last month. We got him to out for dinner at a local haunt called the Hamlin Pub on the 23rd of February to watch the Daytona qualifying races. Real nice guy and a real Mopar nerd. He is the 2nd guy from the left. I am the good looking bald guy with Dodge race jacket. The guy to my right FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    is John Wehrly, my manager during all of the Dodge Motorsports era, the guy on the right end is Neil Loughlin, former Dodge Motorsports engine guru, and the tall guy with gray hair is Marc Rozman and the guy on the far left is Larry Gietzen were Performance dyno guys at the Engineering center.

#5 Fast Eddie, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Doug D and Devildodge like this.
  6. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

The Original Pub is in walking distance of my house. Lot of FCA engineers there during happy hour all week long.
    That Rams Horn restaurant next door is a big car club hang-out sat. mornings.

7. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

July can't come fast enough, but don't want to wish my life away. My son and 2 daughters have already asked about riding in the hellcat and they are also excited for trucks at Carlisle. Can't wait for Mopar heaven to open the gates.

8. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

When we moved to Auburn Hills tech center from Highland Park this became one of our haunts. From 2001 till 2017 we always came here to watch the Daytona qualifying races plus now that I am retired a lot of us meet here 3 or 4 times a year to just hang out and get caught up with each others news.

9. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Always like hearing about the local hangout. I sure wish I had captured more of the stories from years ago from the wise people who were telling them, as it seems the new thing is to erase history.

Thanks so much for the contributions to mopar and racing history.

One of the many reasons why I love going to Carlisle and why I try to get my son to hear the stories and see the cars

10. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Chrysler @ Carlisle has said one Demon will be there. More depending on availability.

Come on July...

11. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Hurst Nationals is the same weekend and Linda Vaughn will be there.

Also Daisy Duke competition and the burn outs, which has been entered by Ralph Giles and the hellcat...so maybe the Demon.

The weekend will be a lot of fun.

12. Bob Lincoln

Level 2 Supporter

So, what's the consensus? Will there be an Allpar tent this year? I need to plan now if I'm going to make it. Thanks.

13. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Between Nascar, NFL and Soccer on tv that place is always busy. The original owner told us the only place that moved more booze in Oakland Co. was the Palace of Auburn Hills.

14. 71Charger_fan

71Charger_fan Active Member

I'll bring the Charger as usual and hope to also have the '55 Plymouth wagon.

15. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

33 days 9 hrs and 50 minutes. Can't wait to arrive in mopar heaven

16. Bob Lincoln

Level 2 Supporter

It's looking now like I won't have the time or money to attend. Been every year since 2006, except for 2015. :(

17. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Sorry to hear that Bob. We are closing on a house and I keep telling myself I will not let anything change my plans. I sure hope I can keep my promise to myself.

18. Bob Lincoln

Level 2 Supporter

We just had a big addition to the house, and there is a LOT of finish work to do. Even with my labor, it runs into the thousands (carpet, stone work, tile, paint, landscaping).

19. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

I feel ya. Hope your addition gets complete and you can make it next year. It sucks when you do something often and life can't give you a break to enjoy something. Good luck, still hoping to make it, but got to fight Murphy law all the time.

20. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

I was hoping to make it this year. I'm in the process of moving to Pittsburgh which puts me a good bit closer.
    I've got the house in Sarasota, FL under contract to sell. I've got an offer to rent my Georgia house with a 2 year lease (not getting much action to sell it) but I don't think I'll be moved and settled in soon enough to make Carlisle. I haven't been there since 2000 and I miss it.

Devildodge likes this.