NewsDemon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon • Ram Longhorn to match trailers

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Challenger GT - when does production start?

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by cygnus, Jan 12, 2017.

1. wilbur

wilbur Member

Why???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::)

2. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

I looked a the build and price for the AWD Challenger and it frustrates me I can't get the ivory interior, an upgraded audio system and a spare tire together in the Challenger GT AWD. Maybe they'll change it up before I'm ready to buy in a year or two.

Tomguy likes this.
  3. Tomguy

Tomguy Member Level 2 Supporter

I really hate the lack of spares - especially full-size - in vehicles today. If it doesn't have a full sized spare it makes me hesitant to buy it. I've used my Jeep's THREE TIMES since I bought it not even 4 years ago. In 37k miles. The roads around here have crap all over them. The 300M? It's had the F/S spare on for quite some time since I am going to need all 4 soon.

FCA though, they're alienating some buyers (or potential buyers) with their packaged options and limited build options. Look at Ford. You can pick like 10-20 different wheel styles on the Mustang, and any interior / exterior color combo, with whatever other packages you want. Very few limitations. I imagine they're selling as many LX cars as they can build, or they'd be re-doing that oversight left over presumably from the dark days of Daimler.

Edit: as an example, there are like 4-6 wheel styles for the 300/300C. But most of them are tied to packages you order. In your specific package you have a choice of two or three. Same with the Charger, and Challenger - and those 2 or 3 are different per model. The LX line as a whole has about 20 wheels currently I'd guess, buyers should ideally be able to put whatever wheel(s) they want on whatever LX model they want. Same with the Pacifica, and anything else. In the age of everything is super-customizable, being locked into packages/orders holds down a key buying element that enjoys the freedom more than any others: Millennials.

4. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

Assuming build and price is correct, you can get a compact spare if you don't get the Harmon Kardon group (because of the subwoofer). And of course, the Harmon Kardon group is the only sound group you can get with the ivory interior. The Alpine system, which I would prefer, is part of the GT Interior Package, but you can't get that with the ivory seats. This applies only to the GT, I could order the way I want for an SXT Plus.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  5. unverferth

unverferth Active Member

What car ?..........:rolleyes:

6. freshforged

freshforged Active Member Level 2 Supporter

NICE

7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Journey replacement, new Durango more car updates... it's going to be an exciting year.

james.mooney. and Morty like this.
  8. mentalicca

mentalicca Member Level III Supporter

I, for one, am totally unenthused by the prospect of having so many performance vehicles to choose from. What a boring car company. But on a serious note, it will be a crazy year if all those things pan it.

UN4GTBL and freshforged like this.
  9. redriderbob

Dodge is slowly becoming what Pontiac was originally planned to be in the late 2000s according to Bob Lutz's vision. Dodge has a lot more planned than what people think. FCA is limited to what kind of vehicles it can produce currently do to assembly plant restrictions. But in the next five years, its going to be quite interesting. More muscle cars, a mostly RWD/AWD performance brand (not to say a FWD/AWD performance vehicle couldn't be part of the plan). But we should see a lot more choices aka variants in the vehicles coming too.

UN4GTBL, danbek, somber and 3 others like this.
  10. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

We still haven't heard a whole helluva lot about the Journey replacement. Mind piquing my interest?

UN4GTBL likes this.
  11. redriderbob

Have to go back and look at the Journey replacement post in this forum from a few months back....

12. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

I was probing for something I haven't already read. Ignore me.

13. page2171

page2171 Member

For me, as someone who grew up as a Pontiac fan, that is good news.

GasAxe likes this.
  14. Satellite Saint

Satellite Saint New Member

Well I just saw a couple dealers around my area that have the GT's on the lot.

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  15. redriderbob

Just launched another commercial this morning...